• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Debris

International 12th Man
Complete rubbish.

So typical of the SMH. Trying to focus negative attention on something when in fact they should be celebrating a fantastic win and the beast that is Rhino
Better than the Telegraph which almost ignored the game altogether. It all NRL all the time over there.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
South African "fans" are really the ****ing worst.
They just take their cues from their commentary team. The amount of crying about Australia bouncing the ball in was ridiculous. Biggest non-issue since Bodyline.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's weird with people retiring seemingly out of nowhere. I do like the idea of Smith & Kallis Co though. Sounds like a stockbroking firm from the 20s :) Go for it, and stay away from the commentary box!

SeamUp

International Coach
I know its belated but well done to the Aussies on the win.

Think the series was exciting even if games weren't close. It juts seemed the team who batted first and took the advantage of it, carried on with the momentum.

But to be honest I'm quite surprised with the pitches produced even if it was coming to the end of the summer.

You would have thought that producing spicier pitches would have helped SA ie WACA because in the inconsistent bounce was exploited brilliantly by Mitch in Centurion.

or because the coastal wickets are slower like Newlands and PE you would have thought that producing wickets like in England where sideways movement has been difficult for Australia.

I certainly think this would have negated a stroke-making opener like Warner who has become such a gun. So basically up front it wasn't going around much. No Dale Steyn swing and hardly any Philander movement both ways.

New era begins but hopefully this sort of rebuild goes on, SA probably still has the cushion of being number 1. Think it opens up new opportunities for players which is exciting.

uvelocity

International Coach
have to agree with others re the pitches, compared to what we saw in our home summer they were uninspiring to say the least