• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see the first Pakistan innings was just an aberration and the Karachi pitch otherwise hasn't changed a bit, Smith's butterfingers notwithstanding.

Gnske

Abject, absolutely pathetic. Cummins, no ideas, no testosterone to enforce a follow on because durr its hot. Let a carthorse captain a cricket team and this is what happens.

Failures everywhere in the Australian XI. The bookie didn't get his money no matter how hard Pakistan tried to give them a foot in the door. Hopefully Smith was on the books.

Anyways, hope Pakistan roll out some bland bitumen in the 3rd Test just to rub it in. We're due a collapse after a 100 run opening stand.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia shelled a minimum of 7 catches throughout the innings and Pak didn't field particularly well either. Don't think it's fair to judge a pitch that starts flat but offers variable bounce by day 4 and consistent reverse when the fielders refuse to catch anything.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Not to orientalis(z)e, but I'm so happy for the good people of Pakistan to have enjoyed a western luxury such as a Test match! Now I can change my profile picture back to the Ukranian flag and look towards the next popular yet futile cause to give my token support to for nine minutes.
well colour me shocked that the local libertarian struggles with concepts like "being happy for a joy afforded to the less fortunate"

Shady Slim

International Coach
And that's to say nothing of their mystics, their sensual nautch girls, the noble manner of their bejewelled princes and the dazzling cadence of their strange and musical tongue, which always seems to evince some sort of ancient and enigmatic wisdom. Oh yes, what an adventure! :wub:
this on the other hand is an all timer, brilliant.

slippy888

International Captain
Abject, absolutely pathetic. Cummins, no ideas, no testosterone to enforce a follow on because durr its hot. Let a carthorse captain a cricket team and this is what happens.

Failures everywhere in the Australian XI. The bookie didn't get his money no matter how hard Pakistan tried to give them a foot in the door. Hopefully Smith was on the books.

Anyways, hope Pakistan roll out some bland bitumen in the 3rd Test just to rub it in. We're due a collapse after a 100 run opening stand.

what sort of cricket fan is this guy with a mindset like this

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've drawn at the seamiest wicket (it wasn't, was a road) in Pakistan, the spinniest wicket (barely, also a road) in Pakistan and now we move on to possibly the roadiest wicket in the world.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Hauritz was actually pretty decent. Was stiffed by some mind boggling selections iirc.

To be fair to Lyon, he's a pretty ****ing good spinner and been a more than solid supporting act for ages, as spinners should be in Australia. It's about as much as you can hope for from nearly any spinner in history.

There was also a point where it looked like he'd turned a corner in the SC. Tour of India and Bangladesh come to mind.

Some glaring limitations though and it does raise questions as to how he would have done if not for the gun bowlers around him.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah. He does secure and end for reasonable economy. If he comes good again in India, then I'll be happy with his career overall. His problem is that you watch Ashwin keep getting bags and you feel jealous.

Gnske

what sort of cricket fan is this guy with a mindset like this
Real fans watch enough cricket to know hating it is the best relationship you can have with the sport.

It's like having being with a good woman. I imagine.