• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Kirkut

International Regular
Y'all criminally underrate Cummins the captain, he has an aura of his own and has injected the same in the team. Champion cricketer through and through.

slippy888

International Captain
Khawaja is heading towards the elites with his batting standards, how many more years he got left at international maybe 4 years

Kirkut

International Regular
On a serious note though, Pakistan can easily draw this game. If Australia gets them all out again for <200 then this has to be among the most potent attacks to tour the subcontinent surpassing the South African attack that toured India in 2010.

Gob

International Coach
On a serious note though, Pakistan can easily draw this game. If Australia gets them all out again for <200 then this has to be among the most potent attacks to tour the subcontinent surpassing the South African attack that toured India in 2010.
If Australia bowls like today, i doubt it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Australia bowls like today, i doubt it
Pakistan let them bowl that way though. Not saying Pak are gonna do it, but I definitely expect them to bat much better next time. At least, I hope so, I guess. Still think track is not doing as much as Pak made it seem today when they batted.

Gob

International Coach
Pakistan let them bowl that way though. Not saying Pak are gonna do it, but I definitely expect them to bat much better next time. At least, I hope so, I guess. Still think track is not doing as much as Pak made it seem today when they batted.
Reverse swing? Some of those Starc, Cummins and to a lesser extent Green deliveries were really handful. I cant remember the last time Aust got the ball to reverse this much this early

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Reverse swing? Some of those Starc, Cummins and to a lesser extent Green deliveries were really handful. I cant remember the last time Aust got the ball to reverse this much this early
Fair enough. They gave a bit of a masterclass on reverse swing but I definitely think it was not enough to bowl a side out this cheap on this track. But agree to disagree.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On another note, does Ramiz have literally nothing other than "we better than India aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh" to do?

WTF are those quotes? Does the dumbo even realize CPL has already announced a women's division and they will be the first to do this? He says auction, he says he wants players to play in PSL over the IPL, does the idiot even understand that cannibalizing the sport is only gonna leave everyone worse?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Easily”

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
That was an odd post all around. Not only the "easily" comment but also the bit about bowling them out for <200. The necessity will only be to bowl them out for around 500, with about eleven hours to do it. :smartass:

Burgey

how did the road turn into a minefield when pakistan were batting?
Bit more wear and tear in the pitch day three than the first two, but not that much tbh.

Pakistan really missed a trick when they were bowling when the ball started to reverse a bit (took longer than when Aus bowled given the deck was newer and of course our blokes cheat) but they reverted to those negative tactics and let the game wander instead of pressing hard for some wickets in that passage of play.

Think Babar needs some criticism for his tactics there, though tbf it's still pretty flat. The deck didn't really account for many of the Pakistan wickets so much as scoreboard pressure, dumb running and Starc in particular with reverse tang.

Burgey

On another note, does Ramiz have literally nothing other than "we better than India aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh" to do?

WTF are those quotes? Does the dumbo even realize CPL has already announced a women's division and they will be the first to do this? He says auction, he says he wants players to play in PSL over the IPL, does the idiot even understand that cannibalizing the sport is only gonna leave everyone worse?
Yeah but on the flip side you can't blame other outfits whose seasons are at the same time for wanting a piece of that pie tbh.

ashley bach

International Captain
how did the road turn into a minefield when pakistan were batting?
Or do you mean how did cricket suddenly become corrupt again?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it overly simplistic to expect professional cricketers to not worry about external matters which they can't control (i.e the pitch)? I see no benefit of altering your gameplan (i.e bowl two feet outside leg stump for prolonged periods) to try and neutralise the opposition's strengths

Yes, undoubtedly the pitch is very docile. But imo there is absolutely no excuse for a professional cricket team to theoretically wave the white flag so early into a test match

Suck it up Pakistan
It's a really good point - it becomes a mentality. There's no doubt times in Test cricket where you need to set defensive fields, but you can get yourself into a state of playing really rubbish cricket when you decide there's no way for you to take wickets any other way. Then the other side comes out and bowls you out for 180 and makes you look even more foolish.

Pakistan have done themselves no favours in this series in a lot of aspects. The state of the pitches being one. Their negative cricket, being arguably the main one. They set the tone in the first Test by refusing to push ahead and up the run rate from such a strong position.

ashley bach

International Captain
Y'all criminally underrate Cummins the captain, he has an aura of his own and has injected the same in the team. Champion cricketer through and through.
Not sure if too many underrate him, certainly agree he has an aura of his own and he may turn out to be the real deal as captain.
He's certainly one hell of a player with a strong enough personality so won't surprise me if he ends up a big success with this role.
However you can argue black and blue with me about the 4th test in Sydney...... he completely TORCHED that test with his soft tactics.
But then again you learn from your mistakes, no doubt he has, next time he'll have no mercy on a broken down touring squad.