• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

Blaze

Banned
NZ should have won the Brisbane test, we fell about 8 runs short I think with McGrath (perfectly leagally) bowling wide of the wicket to stop runs flowing. Although to be fair we were outplayed in that test and the second one.

The third test we totally out played Aus and probably would have won if a couple of umpiring decisions went our way in australias 2nd innings.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
NZ should have won the Brisbane test, we fell about 8 runs short I think with McGrath (perfectly leagally) bowling wide of the wicket to stop runs flowing. Although to be fair we were outplayed in that test and the second one.

The third test we totally out played Aus and probably would have won if a couple of umpiring decisions went our way in australias 2nd innings.
The first test was reduced to a game of declarations somewhat due to the rain (I think each innings was declared at some stage except for the Kiwi's last obviously), but you guys certainly could have won it falling, as you said only about 8-10 runs short at the end of the day. I think Richardson's claims of 'arrogance' fall a bit short here though as the Aussies set NZ 50-odd overs to get about 280, basically a one day game. I'm not sure what he expected, but I'd be guessing that Waugh wanted the Kiwi's to be chasing a total they thought they had a chance of getting, otherwise there'd be no chance to bowl them out as they'd just shut up shop. As it was they went very close.

You certainly outplayed us in the first innings in Perth, and should have been the only team capable of winning at the end which is how it turned out. Gilchrist's partnership with Waugh put the cat amongst the pigeons for a while though and it was interesting to see the field scatter and Fleming looking quite concerned whilst Gilly was going hammer and tong.

Natman20

International Debutant
Hope bond plays otherwise we will have to watch Chris Martin get smashed to all parts of the ground. Oh well I don't mind as long as Australia bat first and get heaps of 6s. :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bradman2005 said:
Bond aint playing
That's bad news !! (NZ really weakened by the absence of Bond and Fleming IMO, worse off than Aussies without McGrath IMO) !!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
shoot woke up too late, but interesting 10 overs disappointed to see Gilly gone though..

social

aussie said:
shoot woke up too late, but interesting 10 overs disappointed to see Gilly gone though..
What a surprise.

Not wanting to play is hardly in the first place was hardly an encouraging factor.

social

Someone tell Oram and Vincent that this isnt 20/20 so they can do away with the 80s hair-styles.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well interesting 1st over back from Cairns, a boundary, half chance & drop catch in it..