• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

James

Cricket Web Owner
1st T20I
22 February 2021
19:00 (N)
New Zealand v Australia
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

2nd T20I
25 February 2021
14:00
New Zealand v Australia
University of Otago Oval, Dunedin

3rd T20I

3 March 2021
New Zealand v Australia
Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

4th T20I

5 March 2021
New Zealand v Australia
Eden Park, Auckland

5th T20I
7 March 2021
16:00 (D/N)
New Zealand v Australia
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Still some distance away. Just hoping Black Caps do pick in form players from super smash. Nothing to lose.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lockie being confirmed as out of contention definitely helps the chances of certain in-form players being given a go.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, friend of mine expressed interest in going to the Welly T20, until I told her that Pat Cummins and all the other big names weren't going to be there (Cummins being her primary interest because of reasons I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on).

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Genuine question I have from an Australian perspective about this tour, with a T20 world cup on the horizon every international T20 game should be crucial.

However since Australia's first choice players like Cummins, Smith, Warner, Hazelwood, Starc play next to no domestic T20 and circumstances of this tour aside kinda treat T20I games as an opportunity for R&R, then seriously should they just then walk into the T20 squad that assembles for the T20 world cup?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cummins, Warner and Starc absolutely should. Bit more of an open question on Smith, and I know next to nothing about Haze’s T20 credentials

thundaboult

International Debutant
Haha yeah, friend of mine expressed interest in going to the Welly T20, until I told her that Pat Cummins and all the other big names weren't going to be there (Cummins being her primary interest because of reasons I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on).
the nature of the name cummins should shag further light on this

shed further light*

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Cummins, Warner and Starc absolutely should. Bit more of an open question on Smith, and I know next to nothing about Haze’s T20 credentials
I think nobody should just walk into an international team, unless they don't go through the same rigours of a T20 calendar leading upto a T20 world cup.

The challenges of being a three format player in international cricket are huge, especially on the body but if you don't play enough T20 cricket and haven't tested your skills in different scenarios a T20 game is likely to throw at you, then those frailties can very well be exposed in a global knockout tournament.

Since inception of the T20 world cup, Australia just relying on top billing players in this tournament, who otherwise don't play much T20 cricket has been a big factor in that trophy remaining so elusive for Aus.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins isn't that great a T20 player. Of the 5 mentioned he'd be least likely to walk back in. Smith probably should.

cnerd123

likes this
in past WC's Aus would prepare with JAMODI sides then walk in with their frontliners coming off the bench and they still go on to perform well.

it's ****ing frustrating

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Barring Warner, the last time an Australian had a good IPL was Watson for Chennai and he had long retired from international cricket by then.

So if IPL form is the only criteria, barely anyone apart from Warner makes the team.

Flem274*

123/5
the casuals will lose their **** if we play understrength teams against aus so we'll probably pick our best players but we really should give some guys a break. i'll be spewing if someone important picks up a long term injury here, like another hip aggravation for kane.

fortunately a lot of the best t20 side imo aren't featuring in tests.