• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
the casuals will lose their **** if we play understrength teams against aus so we'll probably pick our best players but we really should give some guys a break. i'll be spewing if someone important picks up a long term injury here, like another hip aggravation for kane.

fortunately a lot of the best t20 side imo aren't featuring in tests.
Yep, Bangladesh series is where we might seen some young blood. Christchurch and Dunedin are sold out for this series, and big crowds in other grounds apparently, so I don’t see NZC sending out an understrength/development side.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I assume the 13-man squad is going to look like this

Guptill, Seifert, KW, Conway, Phillips, Neesham, Santner, Sodhi, Southee, Boult, Jamieson, Kuggs, Mitchell.

But I'd prefer it to look like this;

Allen, Seifert, KW, Conway, Phillips, Neesham, Santner, Sodhi, McClenaghan, Boult, Sears, CdG, Chapman.

Our 15-man squad is going to be interesting for the T20WC. I think they'd be silly to not include McClenaghan at least in the squad due to his experience in IPL over the last 5-6 years. Assume Munro will be in there too, given his 100 in India last time.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wondering if the Aus squad will change now that the SA tour is off. You'd think Starc, Smith, Warner and a few others would got to NZ right?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Would be fun if it happened. Australia haven't fielded a full strength limited overs team in NZ since probably the 2010 tour.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be fun if it happened. Australia haven't fielded a full strength limited overs team in NZ since probably the 2010 tour.
Probably true, apart from the pool game in the 2015 World Cup.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What's going to happen with this series now that test series in SA for aus was cancelled? Are we going to see a full strength aus squad now?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be very surprised if they changed the squad, and I think this is probably a decent tour to get some miles into the depth options anyway. The Test guys have been in bubbles for a while and the BBL players are in the short-form routines - may as well see who can step up and sit in reserve if Starc or Warner break mid-tournament.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
What was the hurry to announce the squad? Love to see the top Aussie blokes playing the series rather than second string. Don't think they'll change that now.

The best way maybe to do it is go with the announced squad for the first 3 T20Is and then the preferred full squad for the last two games.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
What was the hurry to announce the squad? Love to see the top Aussie blokes playing the series rather than second string. Don't think they'll change that now.

The best way maybe to do it is go with the announced squad for the first 3 T20Is and then the preferred full squad for the last two games.
That would be ideal, but they'd have to go through quarantine for a couple of meaningless T20's. I doubt they would put them through that.