• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm starting to feel pretty attacked by NZTailender, he's mentioned me without name in about 3-4 of those scenarios :(
Just remember I'm not being serious whatsoever*. Except for the politics out of cricket threads part. We don't need a wall of text from PEWS.

*I may have been serious about Tauranga having no city atmosphere :ph34r:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
No. Buying an apartment as an investment property then ****ing off from the city and thinking driving an Audi gives you taste means you deserve the ridicule.
You do realise that saying "new money" and "having no taste" implies that "old money" and "class" is a measure of "true taste", right?

Like that's what this whole new money thing is about.

NZTailender

You do realise that saying "new money" and "having no taste" implies that "old money" and "class" is a measure of "true taste", right?

Yeah true. I should point it out I also loathe old money and they should be guillotined all the live long day.

One aspires to be the other and the other hates that they're aspiring to be them. All a lost cause.

NZTailender

It's also ironic because 'old money' in NZ doesn't have any class or taste either

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't that pretty much Melbourne anyway?
**** no, since when is 40+ from late January to mid Feb and 30+ anywhere from August not hot? I'll never forget the first week of the Aussie Tennis Open in 2014, when it never got lower than 38deg from the Monday to the Friday (including at night). Insufferable.

Just remember I'm not being serious whatsoever*. Except for the politics out of cricket threads part. We don't need a wall of text from PEWS.

Haha I know mate, no harm no foul.

I don't live in TGA so I won't defend it too stoutly, but it is on the improve. The waterfront area around The Strand is actually pretty sweet, for all ages and stages. Their malls do suck a giant one but who likes malls anyway?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The worst is clearly Tauranga/The Mount. Has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. It's a haven for Auckland rejects who couldn't afford a house here and didn't want to be seen dead in Hamilton
Heading north is very clearly the correct course of action.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I barely survived a 40+ day in Melbourne while over there for the Boxing Day test ... was very windy that day as well, which gave the effect of walking into a fan oven whenever you went outside.

NZTailender

lots of cool towns around the country of various sizes
I like:
Oamaru
Whakatane
Whangarei
Hokitika
Timaru
Masterton
Whakatane is really nice. Spent a couple of Christmases there. Whangarei is underrated too.

Oamaru is nice enough to visit but it has a huge youth unemployment problem for a reason.

jcas0167

International Debutant

Tbf, I don't think it was intended to have city atmosphere. Then the population doubled over a 30 year period but the CBD hasn't really kept pace. They did make a major improvement about 15 years ago they widened the footpath on the Strand and there are now more outdoor tables and dining options along there. They don't really make the most of their access to the water (the way Auckland has with Viaduct Basin) although this Wharf St development looks like an effort to improve that.

Also, from a cricket perspective they deserve credit for taking a ground not up to first class play in the early 00's to a test match and d/n cricket venue today.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When is the next game?

Also, you kiwis need to get your **** together and start posting random roadside cctv footage on fame day or the rest of the series will be cancelled