• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
More so we always seem to treat him like he's a pie thrower rather than a competent off spinner. I struggle to remember too many dismissals in Aus or here that Lyon took against us that weren't just abject batting error.
It is a skill to convince batsmen to do that, tbf

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't think this pitch is that bad. Do people really think it's a total road? New ball moving off the seam late on the second day, plenty of bounce and carry. Of course it's not a poor wicket for batting by any means but there's something there for the bowlers for sure. Not as flat as any of the pitches in the home summer really, aside from Adelaide. And I think the first test pitch was flatter too aside from the first morning.

I just think the New Zealand bowlers are tired and there's no swing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think this pitch is that bad. Do people really think it's a total road? New ball moving off the seam late on the second day, plenty of bounce and carry. Of course it's not a poor wicket for batting by any means but there's something there for the bowlers for sure. Not as flat as any of the pitches in the home summer really, aside from Adelaide. And I think the first test pitch was flatter too aside from the first morning.

I just think the New Zealand bowlers are tired and there's no swing.
State highway 450 for me.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hahahahahaha **** I love Wagner troll wickets.

There's life in this match yet. Maybe. Possibly.

Briony

International Debutant
Its Adelaide, what can a man do. Was such a dire pitch that Kallis and Philander jumped ship early just to avoid the slaughter.

Besides, only Day 2 now. Can explode all of tomorrow when the pitch is even better.

And Steyn was hamstrung too. Hussey got the world's easiest ever ton the first day of that test. Amla rolled his arm over.

Gob

International Coach
Well those last two wickets were significant i guess. Reduced a potential lead of 250 to who knows maybe below 100. All three results are still possible with over 3 days to ga

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was impressed by Burns today. Was a proper Test innings. If he can continue to churn that out he'll have a solid career; easily the best I've seen him play. Smith is phenomenal as usual.

What's up with the ball though? Too much of a cop out to blame the ball after it stopped doing anything after like a few overs when we took the new cherry? Was pretty ridic. Wagner, WAG. The NZ bowlers did really well at bowling tight but not tight enough, which sounds harsh but every time they seemed to have built up a little pressure with maidens there was always an easy single on offer somewhere. Would've liked to have seen Southee and Wagner bowling the exact same length at the body for a sustained period, instead of Wagner seemingly going it alone for the most part. Or Gotpills or McCullum himself rolling his arm over. The entire attack was fairly benign until the last half hour.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Was impressed by Burns today. Was a proper Test innings. If he can continue to churn that out he'll have a solid career; easily the best I've seen him play. Smith is phenomenal as usual.

What's up with the ball though? Too much of a cop out to blame the ball after it stopped doing anything after like a few overs when we took the new cherry? Was pretty ridic. Wagner, WAG. The NZ bowlers did really well at bowling tight but not tight enough, which sounds harsh but every time they seemed to have built up a little pressure with maidens there was always an easy single on offer somewhere. Would've liked to have seen Southee and Wagner bowling the exact same length at the body for a sustained period, instead of Wagner seemingly going it alone for the most part. Or Gotpills or McCullum himself rolling his arm over. The entire attack was fairly benign until the last half hour.
Don't think Southee's got the pace and energy to be a threat doing that unless it's a really bouncy surface (as it was at Hamilton).

Thought Henry bowled really well today, close to the best of the NZ bowlers, though he was guilty of overpitching at times.

Spark

Global Moderator

Smith is extraordinarily difficult to tie down in this regard though. Anything even vaguely near the stumps or underpitched, and you get picked off on the onside all day long.

Don't think Southee's got the pace and energy to be a threat doing that unless it's a really bouncy surface (as it was at Hamilton).

Thought Henry bowled really well today, close to the best of the NZ bowlers, though he was guilty of overpitching at times.
Henry I actually feel was more guilty of being too short, but that really seems his natural length. Looked far less comfortable trying to bowl that nick-off length.