• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I need kiwiviktor to come in tell me again about how Smith will be destroyed in NZ and won't make 50 runs for the series

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bracewell was the best Kiwi seamer in the series in Australia, so I don't think it's just incumbency. I guess his figures aren't too great, but he was the best bowler in the first two tests when everyone was struggling and did well in Adelaide when it was a bit more bowler friendly as well.
dougeh is a semi-short wide shouldered 135kph bowler who quietly does his job. half our membership lives in auckland or wellington. of course they want the next flashy shiny thing.:ph34r:
Doug took 0/170 in Brisbane so if he was our best it's only because Southee injured himself and Boult bowled terribly.

He's not a bad pick on complete roads like Perth where noone else can extract anything from the wicket either, as he's patient (nowadays) and will make like Peter Siddle and run in hard all day with loads of heart.

However on a pitch like this I really can't see Henry doing less well. Not sure about Wagner.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Henry would've necessarily been much better.

Wagner would've offered something different, maybe.
Most likely he would've because he's just a much better bowler than Doug.

Anway, rule question here: if a batsman comes down the wicket to a spinner, misses it and then in the course of scrambling back into his crease knocks the bails off, would he be out hit wicket? I'm guessing no, but I'm wondering if anyone can say for sure.

Burgey

Random call into Parra RSL looking for a filthy fry up and stuck $20 into the More Chilli pokie. Pulled out 500.

Kiwi bloke next to me sadly lost his dough.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know Khawaja is hitting the ball like a dream this season but there's something about his batting that doesn't fill me with confidence

Spark

Global Moderator

Anway, rule question here: if a batsman comes down the wicket to a spinner, misses it and then in the course of scrambling back into his crease knocks the bails off, would he be out hit wicket? I'm guessing no, but I'm wondering if anyone can say for sure.
Nah, because it isn't part of the actual shot itself. Would be an appeal, though.

OverratedSanity

Nope. Not hit wicket when he's attempting to avoid a runout or stumping

Flem274*

123/5
nz should consider not giving daniel flynn the cut and pull shot. he's so well set up for them. put your dicks back in your pants.

Spark

Global Moderator
trying to get spark to come on comms but no answer
haha, I'd planned to but I'd just gotten home and was literally so exhausted that I just fell onto my bed and passed out basically immediately. Can do tomorrow, though (or tonight, as case may be)

Zinzan

I don't think Henry would have made much differences either. The pitch is a completely different colour now, looking reasonably flat from my angle.

jcas0167

International Debutant
ta

gotta say that as much as grandpa simpson and the generic benchmark wannabes try to wind us up, nothing trolls me more than watching even mediocre australian sides grow an arm and a leg against nz teams that wilt at the sight of a kangaroo.

i mean an early to mid 90s nz team drew with borders australians and almost took a test off the west indies in the carribbean and that team was universally ****. im pretty sure this lot should be doing a little bit better than they have this summer. we don't have to win, i just want to see a contest.
The destroyers in that test were Danny Morrison & Dipak Patel :) The 92/93 NZ team was still riding high with World Cup momentum under Warren Lees and Crowe. The current team has the superior attack on paper, but I don't think there's that much difference in the batting.