• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
omfg Watling :/

Edit: Didn't realise there was a decent inside edge. Still think he should have been closer to getting it.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Contrary to their figures Boult was quite good, especially to Khawaja, while Southee was quite inaccurate. Neither really swung it.
ta

gotta say that as much as grandpa simpson and the generic benchmark wannabes try to wind us up, nothing trolls me more than watching even mediocre australian sides grow an arm and a leg against nz teams that wilt at the sight of a kangaroo.

i mean an early to mid 90s nz team drew with borders australians and almost took a test off the west indies in the carribbean and that team was universally ****. im pretty sure this lot should be doing a little bit better than they have this summer. we don't have to win, i just want to see a contest.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing Bracewell leaking runs at 6 rpo is just infuriating. Absolutely incensed that Henry was left out. You don't ignore a player in red hot form just because the incumbent "isn't terrible".
Bracewell was the best Kiwi seamer in the series in Australia, so I don't think it's just incumbency. I guess his figures aren't too great, but he was the best bowler in the first two tests when everyone was struggling and did well in Adelaide when it was a bit more bowler friendly as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ta

gotta say that as much as grandpa simpson and the generic benchmark wannabes try to wind us up, nothing trolls me more than watching even mediocre australian sides grow an arm and a leg against nz teams that wilt at the sight of a kangaroo.

i mean an early to mid 90s nz team drew with borders australians and almost took a test off the west indies in the carribbean and that team was universally ****. im pretty sure this lot should be doing a little bit better than they have this summer. we don't have to win, i just want to see a contest.
Different game if Smith is caught in slips tbf. Probably no coincidence that the blokes who've been most productive today are those who had both a bit of luck and then settled down rather than be too expansive. There's been some terrible shots. Warner's the worst IMO.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Bracewell was the best Kiwi seamer in the series in Australia, so I don't think it's just incumbency. I guess his figures aren't too great, but he was the best bowler in the first two tests when everyone was struggling and did well in Adelaide when it was a bit more bowler friendly as well.
yeah and I think people forget that henry really isn't a third seamer. He's an opening strike bowler, you can't make him bowl long spells into the wind with the old ball.

Flem274*

123/5
dougeh is a semi-short wide shouldered 135kph bowler who quietly does his job. half our membership lives in auckland or wellington. of course they want the next flashy shiny thing.:ph34r:
Different game if Smith is caught in slips tbf. Probably no coincidence that the blokes who've been most productive today are those who had both a bit of luck and then settled down rather than be too expansive. There's been some terrible shots. Warner's the worst IMO.
yeah gathered that on the drive home that there was plenty of cbf batting that both coaches should kick them up the arse for, and even now they're being a bit unprofessional to craig. sure he bowls enough pies, but you don't want to get out doing what smith just did either.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That's pretty much exactly my point though. Yeah Bracewell bowled OK in Australia, but just because he was the best of a bad bunch there shouldn't mean that he gets a free pass when you've got someone like Henry bowling world class spells (admittedly in a different game format).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig has bowled decently here, to give him credit. Very unlucky not to get Khawaja with the inside edge past the keeper, and the straight one which he just inside edged to keep out of his pads.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Henry would've necessarily been much better.

Wagner would've offered something different, maybe.

Flem274*

123/5
wagner would have been my first bowler picked because he's quite different to every other bowler nz have available and can get a bag of wickets from nowhere bowling marathon spells.