• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Jakester1288

International Regular
Australia have lost 2 quick wickets to Ojha and a wicket to Chawla, and are 7/207. Failure on our part, but whilst Hussey is still there, anything can happen. Johnson coming to the crease, more than handy batsmen, his average of 33 as aided by a 50 not out last season, but lets hope he can produce the goods with the bat and the ball here.

TAB Prices are up

Most Runs

SEHWAG Virender $5.00
HAYDEN Matthew $6.00
TENDULKAR Sachin $6.00
PONTING Ricky $6.00
CLARKE Michael $7.00
KATICH Simon $9.00
GAMBHIR Gautam $11.00
HUSSEY Michael $11.00
DRAVID Rahul $13.00
JAQUES Phil $13.00
LAXMAN VVS $17.00
GANGULY Sourav $21.00
PLAYERS NOT QUOTED $21.00
HADDIN Brad $51.00
BADRINATH Subramaniam $51.00
DHONI MS $67.00
WATSON Shane $67.00

Most Wickets

KUMBLE Anil $4.50
LEE Brett $5.00
SINGH Harbhajan $5.50
SHARMA Ishant $7.00
KHAN Zaheer $7.00
CLARK Stuart $8.00
KREJZA Jason $11.00
JOHNSON Mitchell $11.00
PLAYERS NOT QUOTED $13.00
SINGH RP $21.00
BOLLINGER Doug $21.00
PATEL Munaf $34.00
WATSON Shane $67.00
MISHRA Amit
Surprised to see Johnson so high, he is at good odds if you back him. Hussey is worth some money as well. Ponting so high is strange, it seems the bookies think he has a chance.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's only a tour match everyone. Expect these Aussies to go up another level when the Test matches start.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Pretty poor by the Aussies but then again its a tour match and some of the Aussies are still getting into form, so Im not overly worried. Good to see Hussey scoring some runs.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It's only a tour match everyone. Expect these Aussies to go up another level when the Test matches start.

For sure and India would do well to keep that in perspective.

Hussey is looking very good. I do hope the BP X1 don't enforce the follow on though...I'd like to see them get another bat.

Polo23

International Debutant
Am I the only one not buying into this "It's only a tour match" talk?

Since when have Australia ever been this poor in tour matches?

duffer

I can remember some heavy leather chasing games against Sachin inspired Mumbai teams but other than that I never really follow them closely enough to care.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Am I the only one not buying into this "It's only a tour match" talk?

Since when have Australia ever been this poor in tour matches?
quite a while I'd say - i know they were outplayed in a tour game in India in 2001
Tbh they're up against a pretty decent spin attack....Chawla and Ojha would probably make the national squads of a number of countries.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson can reverse it, showed that with a few spells in the Aust v India series last summer.
He did?. I honestly just remember him being pretty straight up & down benefiting from the bounce in some of the pitches & surprising the Indians with extra pace at times.

The only time i remember Johnson swinging the ball (conventional or irish) in International cricket, let alone in tests. Was in that ODI-series in India.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Expect the batsmen & the Lee/Clark bowling to for sure, but the bowling support for those two is the big worry of course.

Expect the batsmen & the Lee/Clark bowling to for sure, but the bowling support for those two is the big worry of course.
WOuldn't surprise me if Stuey Clark struggled a bit in this series. He's had an extended honeymoon start to his career but is he really good enough for a bowling average of 21 when his first class avg is 27 ?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Krezja's performance has been interesting.. Always annoys me when players of 'possible dubious quality' get to don their national colours.. Well I guess Warne had a bad start as well

Polo23

International Debutant
I can't believe this Gony bloke has been rated (or overrated) so highly by the Indian selectors. He plays a few baseball games (IPL) and suddenly he is worthy to don Indian colours?

They must be dreaming.

bhupabhupa

Cricket Spectator
Thank you very much for the time-table. I am looking forward to see all the matches on my TV. Hope India wins the series and all wishes to Sachin Tendulkar so that he can reach the world record of highest runs in Test Cricket.

===========

bhupa

worldinfo

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Polo, he looked good in the IPL but soon got found out after 2 odi's.I doubt if you will ever see him again in India colours..i would still say he is quite ok...for a 8 or 9th choice seamer in the counrty lol.

Speaking of selectorial policies..not exactly kiwis' cup of tea is it?I mean its not like your country is so full of Wasims and Waqars,is it?Those who live in a glass house shouldn't be throwing stones at others.

social

WOuldn't surprise me if Stuey Clark struggled a bit in this series. He's had an extended honeymoon start to his career but is he really good enough for a bowling average of 21 when his first class avg is 27 ?
He's high quality and about the least of Australia's worries