• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
He gets his wickets primarily off bad balls. However an A for his effort. Could do well to get some variation in his bowling.
He has some nice variation in pace from what i'm seeing right now. but i still don't see him as a penetrating bowler just seems to be lucky right now we'll see how long it lasts

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I see SS has decided to enlighten cricinfo instead of CW today... :p
It is refreshing to be watching Test cricket, instead of what Manan describes as "a farce" going on in the Carribean with the Englishmen, the billionaire and the WAGs.

so he found the way to cricinfo chat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that SS has jinxed Stanford 20-20, expect an electrifying game there.
Haha, that's another Manan, it wasn't me/

pup11

International Coach
What a horrible session that was from an Aussie POV, and i have a feeling the agony on day 2 has just begun for the Aussies...:(

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a horrible session that was from an Aussie POV, and i have a feeling the agony on day 2 has just begun for the Aussies...:(
Yep, absolutely pathetic

1 bowler performing to test class and he cant be hit off the square

The rest have been woeful, as has the fielding and captaincy

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Yep, absolutely pathetic

Your talking about Clark yes? and i think the fielding wasn't so bad saved a fair bit of runs imo.

social

Good century. A lot of good work be done though. From this position, we should definitely be aiming for around 550.

How in the hell is Australia going to take a wicket when the 2 solitary people standing in anything remotely resembling catching positions are always at least a yard too far back and so the rare edges ALWAYS drop short

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got back in. So I gather India all out about 350 odd and we're 0-40, right?

Right?

Fellas?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

How in the hell is Australia going to take a wicket when the 2 solitary people standing in anything remotely resembling catching positions are always at least a yard too far back and so the rare edges ALWAYS drop short
700 is too much, I don't think the Aussie attack is that bad. They'll see some luck go their way soon enough. 550 would be a good score, Aussies should aim to get India out for less than 500.

Precambrian

Banned
Yep, absolutely pathetic

Fielding has been excellent. Definitely saved anything between 25-40 runs so far. Though Hayden probably missed a catch.

Bit disappointed with Ponting setting defensive field against the best bowler so far, Clark.

duffer

Just got home missed the entire first session. OMFG VVS!!!!!!!!! So happy for the great man. G still going strong too. Game set up nicely for a tight finish.

duffer

Got to say, whoever came up with the bright idea of playing horrific music whenever India hits a boundary this series should be shot. Honeslty, keep that tacky **** away from Test cricket.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
I'm hoping it's just a fine, but we know old man Broad better than that...

(the sins of the father blahblah -- hope stuart makes it to India).:laugh:

Burgey

Only way he'll be out, the way things are going.

Look, it's one person's word against another, how can you prove it wasn't an accident? How can you prove contact was made, unless you're a biased match referee that is.

Sachin was at the other end and saw it all with his x ray vision - he says there was no contact made, he didn't use his elbow but rather another body part which in Gambhir's language sounds like "elbow". :ph34r:

Waits for the wrath of 10,000 angry posters

Edit: and yes, this post was in jest ffs!!

Burgey

Should be a fine. WTH Katich let off?
Yeah, that seems really odd. I thought Katich moved into Gambhir with the ball nowhere near him.

Oddly, even Mike Coward who's on the radio and I think has been given the keys to New Delhi such is his sycophancy (sp?) to the home side, said he thought the Katich incident was no more than an accident. Must say I can't agree with him on that.