• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Likes of Hayden, Jacques, Hussey are all good players of spin bowling and they are pretty capable of handling any spin bowler in the world.

R_D

International Debutant
Likes of Hayden, Jacques, Hussey are all good players of spin bowling and they are pretty capable of handling any spin bowler in the world.
Hayden's looked pretty clueless against Kumble in India and even against Harbhajan in ODI's when he actually isn't darting it in, Hussey from what little i've seen of him against spin bowling doesn't look as comfortable as pace bowling.
Jaques i haven't seen much of so can't comment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Of those 3, only Hayden is actually good against spin. Hussey, from whatever little I have seen him play in ODIs, doesn't look at home at all and Jacques hasn't played enough to comment.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Of those 3, only Hayden is actually good against spin. Hussey, from whatever little I have seen him play in ODIs, doesn't look at home at all and Jacques hasn't played enough to comment.
Hussey played well against Monty
but yes Murali and Kumble are different.. and Harbhajan in India will be a handful

Jaques did well in Pakistan ..against Pakistan A though.. im guessing he is a bit like Haydos against spin.. both like to sweep.. we shall see though

Most Aussie batsmen normally play spin competently though

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's no doubting that Hayden is good against spin, but how can anyone claim Hussey is yet? He looks alright so far, but he's hardly been tested on the sub-continent. The jury is still out (and I'm a fan of the Huss).

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
He's finally getting a chance in the Challenger Trophy. Let's hope he does alright, gets a shot with India A for some FC cricket and proves to be an effective option.
I am a firm believer in giving Ranji/Duleep performers chances in NKP Salve and India "A". But TBH, Gagandeep Singh is not even in the top 10 pacers list.

adharcric

International Coach
I am a firm believer in giving Ranji/Duleep performers chances in NKP Salve and India "A". But TBH, Gagandeep Singh is not even in the top 10 pacers list.
Based on what? His domestic record suggests that he's been (at the very least) one of the top 10 pacers in India over the past 3-5 years. Unfortunately, he may be on the decline now and the selectors may have missed out big time. Manan, did I make you cry?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haven't read through this thread after the 20/20, but India so outplayed us last night. Clarke's overthrows weren't cool, but I thought India bowled extremely well, and our bowling was quite poor for the most part. Played India.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Actually Hussey struggled against Monty. He punished the short ball, but didn't look at all comfortable against anything else.
yea true i remember Hussey playing and missing Monty a lot

but i was very impressed with Husseys footwork.. he was either well back or well forward

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Based on what? His domestic record suggests that he's been (at the very least) one of the top 10 pacers in India over the past 3-5 years. Unfortunately, he may be on the decline now and the selectors may have missed out big time. Manan, did I make you cry?
i meant he is not in the top 10 in the selectors' books.

pup11

International Coach
Hussey has good footwork which would more or less bail him out of trouble even against good spin bowling as far Jacques is concerned he is not orthodox in the way he plays spin but nonetheless he is effective and he plays his sweeps and reverse-sweeps well.

pup11

International Coach
@KaZoHOlic

Mate Ponting and Clarke's names have already been mentioned the argument was that other these 2 none of the other Aussie bats have any clue against good spin bowling.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australians in general tend to be good players of spin if they are in already. Hayden often has the advantage of being on 40 odd by the time that the spinners come on. The problem that many have is coming in and facing spin, especially on subcontinent surfaces.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Mate Ponting and Clarke's names have already been mentioned the argument was that other these 2 none of the other Aussie bats have any clue against good spin bowling.
Oh okay. Well, I think that's incorrect then. Most the top/middle order of our batting line-up can play spin pretty comfortably, if not very well.