• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Give us proof that Brett Lee chucks then.
What proof do you want ?? Brett Lee was reported and later cleared just like everyone else. I can show 200000 links saying that and you will still not believe it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
was probably reported in the indian press....
Yes, it was reported in Indian press and world over except Australia. Aussie press was too busy reporting Murali.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz said:
What proof do you want ?? Brett Lee was reported and later cleared just like everyone else. I can show 200000 links saying that and you will still not believe it.
Does that mean Murali chucks or does it not work both ways?

Until there are cameras at every game to work out scientifically whether people are throwing or not in games (not in some lab where it's obvious some people will change their action) you can't say whether anyone definitely chucks or not.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I read an article recently that almost every fast bowler in the world today is bending his arm at times over the limit. So this debate is really pointless.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
JustTool said:
And how did the doubts arise - who has most vocally questioned Murali's action ? And not Brett Lee's ?
Not sure. Maybe it was Bishan Bedi, who said that among the top two wicket takers in test cricket there is one legend and one fraud?

Sudeep

International Captain
Australia's crying over losing the Mumbai Test because of the pitch, India's crying over missing out on a possible win at Chennai because of rain. It's Even Steven's when it comes to crying over ifs and buts. Now let's get on with life...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Australia's crying over losing the Mumbai Test because of the pitch, India's crying over missing out on a possible win at Chennai because of rain. It's Even Steven's when it comes to crying over ifs and buts. Now let's get on with life...
Indeed. I think it's pointless to complain about a pitch surface costing you the match, since both sides had to play on it. The pitch was difficult to bat on, but that isn't a crime. It is equally ridiculous to complain about the weather however, and anybody who thinks India deserved to draw the series based on the cricket played is... somewhat deluded.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Does that mean Murali chucks or does it not work both ways?
Check out this forum and you will know. Isn't it ironic that some people, who have almost crucified Murali, dont even know that Brett Lee was ever reported for chucking.

And trust me I am not even suggesting that Lee chucks.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not sure. Maybe it was Bishan Bedi, who said that among the top two wicket takers in test cricket there is one legend and one fraud?
You should read JT's post again. Bedi has been equivocal when it comes from so called 'Chuckers' and he has not spared anyone including Harbhajan.

Sehwag309

Banned
Sanz said:
Check out this forum and you will know. Isn't it ironic that some people, who have almost crucified Murali, dont even know that Brett Lee was ever reported for chucking.

And trust me I am not even suggesting that Lee chucks.
Maybe it's the case when Murali does it...its like "Congressional hearing" and someone like Lee does it, its 'Oh boys will be boys!"

Sehwag309

Banned
Sanz said:
You should read JT's post again. Bedi has been equivocal when it comes from so called 'Chuckers' and he has not spared anyone including Harbhajan.
Spot on...actually hate Bedi sometimes, coz he only criticizes everyone IMO, his fav is Ganguly

Sehwag309

Banned
thirdumpire said:
the Mumbai pitch has broken a 100 year record :

The least number of overs (202.1) bowled in a result-ending Test match.
Its own record?

Shortest Tests by Balls Bowled

656 Australia v South Africa Melbourne 1931/32
672 West Indies v England Bridgetown 1934/35
788 England v Australia Manchester 1888
792 England v Australia Lord's 1888
796 South Africa v England Cape Town 1888/89
815 England v South Africa The Oval 1912
872 New Zealand v Australia Wellington 1945/46
883 South Africa v England Centurion 1999/00
893 Australia v Pakistan Sharjah 2002/03
911 Australia v England Sydney 1894/95
941 England v West Indies Leeds 2000
976 England v South Africa Leeds 1907
983 West Indies v Australia Port of Spain 1994/95
1006 South Africa v England Port Elizabeth 1895/96
1014 South Africa v England Port Elizabeth 1888/89
1034 Australia v England Brisbane 1950/51
1034 England v West Indies Birmingham 1995
1041 New Zealand v England Christchurch 1983/84
1049 England v Australia The Oval 1896
1050 Australia v West Indies Melbourne 1930/31

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
yeah a report was made but he was cleared straight away

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Of course he was cleared and rightly so, but that is not what you said earlier.

Murali would have been cleared straight away too, if not for some jealous people.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Sanz said:
Of course he was cleared and rightly so, but that is not what you said earlier.

Murali would have been cleared straight away too, if not for some jealous people.
As he should have been. Belive me you will never get the Aussies on this board to ever comprehend anything except their myopic point of view. It's truly a sorry state of affairs when Ponting cries like a baby and no one can say (on this Board anyway) that he should shut up and accept defeat graciously. Or that India would have won in Chennai had it not been for the rain. Or that, if Murali chucks so do Brett Lee and Shoiab etc.. :wacko:

JustTool

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Brett Lee's?

Since when has there been something wrong with his action?
So, you didn't know he was reported. Pr maybe you do, but won't say it. Or is that you believe that no Aussies would ever be reported because it is the Aussies who have created this chucking vendata against Murali ?

JustTool

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that, especially after that documentary.
Well, you might find it hard to swallow but Murali is the BEST spin bowler ever - way better than Warne who can't seem to get past lewd comments and phone-***. Now, there's a role model for you guys to emulate. Compare this to the humility of Murali. Murali wins hands down - as a bowler and as a gentleman. QED.