• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The only problem that I have with this series is that Oz has been playing for 9/10 of the last 12 months and starts another test series within a week of returning home

That is simply ridiculous!

Everyone wants to see the best teams play each other but let's have a break ffs!

However, given what's available and ignoring politics I'd probably pick

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Hodge
Symonds
Hussey
MacDonald
Johnson
Manou
Hauritz
Bollinger

It will never happen
Henriques & Nannes instead & yea this would clearly be the best team if certain nonsense wasn't going on. Although Marsh/Hughes is fairly close as ODI openers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really think our blokes missed Bracken on that pitch, but looking at the highlights last evening, Yuvraj and Dhoni batted superbly.

Some good signs for our blokes with the ball, but having Ponting moved up to opener with everyone else shuffling up the order really leaves us short imo.

On the series and the injuries, I don't think it's necessarily work load injuries per se, but my own frustration comes about when players get injured in a series like this, as opposed to them getting injured in say, a WC or a test series. I guess it's just because of a personal preference for those series rather than the ones like they're currently playing.

Thay's not to say these series ought not be played at all, rather the lack of what's at stake really gets brought home when you lose a few players while they're participating in such a series.

Given the WC will be on the subcontinent in 2001 though, it's probably not a bad thing for our fellas to play in India as often as possible in the lead up tbh.

Sylvester

State Captain
Congrats to McKay, good talent and he will give us a line and length bowler although Bollinger played that role very nicely.

inbox24

International Debutant
Would've like to see Nannes or Harwood up though. I think really it's time to give the NSW boys a shot, Hughes and Warner, especially with all these injuries.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If it were a World Cup, reckon Nannes or Harwood would've gotten a shot. I don't think McKay will do all that great if picked to play this tour, but I do think that it is worth the while because he could be good enough. He's definitely the type who deserves the experience of a few internationals, and then the onus is on him to reproduce once he goes back to state level.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only problem that I have with this series is that Oz has been playing for 9/10 of the last 12 months and starts another test series within a week of returning home

That is simply ridiculous!

Everyone wants to see the best teams play each other but let's have a break ffs!

However, given what's available and ignoring politics I'd probably pick

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Hodge
Symonds
Hussey
MacDonald
Johnson
Manou
Hauritz
Bollinger

It will never happen
It's really light on bowling though...

inbox24

International Debutant
Marsh doing his best, hopefully he can get that strike rate above 10.

There we go! It's up to 11 now, record.

inbox24

International Debutant
Marsh on fire here strike rate up to 20 now, the swamp is on fire, somebody hose him down.

Uppercut

Dunno how good a thing that is for India, could have done with someone playing the "absorb the powerplay" role Ponting played in the last match.

inbox24

International Debutant
Ponting exposes the lie of Marsh once again. The guy just can't adapt when things get tough. There's no flair to his game, it's just too reactive.

Uppercut

I never get how a LAO spinner can bowl without a slip. For me, the whole point of a bowler who turns the ball away from the batsman is to find an edge. What's the point in even bowling if whenever you do exactly what you're trying to do you just concede four runs?