• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India ODIs/T20s 2017

Platty

Cricket Spectator
Wondering re the upcoming ODI tour of Australia in to India, has anyone seen an official schedule and also how would I go about buying a ticket for the Kolkata game, from back here in Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The BCCI website should help you. The series starts on Sep 17th and the Kolkata game should be around the 24 or 25th of September. Apparently BCCI has not officially released the schedule yet as there is some approvals still to be obtained for couple of the new venues for this season.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the only bilateral odi series i genuinely look forward to. Last two have been so much fun.

Burgey

I wish our blokes were back here preparing for the home season tbh. Different if it was another test series but cramming an ODI series in at this time of year isn't something I'm a fan of. I hope they leave out pretty much any bowler who's in contention for a home test place. I know that sort of thinking cheapens the series, but it's just the timing I don't like ahead of the home summer.

cnerd123

likes this
I hope we get two second XIs playing

Nothing more amusing than millions of people tuning in to watch cricket featuring Scott Boland bowling to Manish Pandey

Daemon

I wish our blokes were back here preparing for the home season tbh. Different if it was another test series but cramming an ODI series in at this time of year isn't something I'm a fan of. I hope they leave out pretty much any bowler who's in contention for a home test place. I know that sort of thinking cheapens the series, but it's just the timing I don't like ahead of the home summer.
I just hope Faulkner is playing, he usually brings the lulz

Oh and they should bring Bailey back for this. Averages like 100 against us.

Burgey

Well tbf they could do a lot worse than Bailey for a series like this, but I think his time has come and gone and they'll run with some younger blokes

TheJediBrah

I hope we get two second XIs playing

Nothing more amusing than millions of people tuning in to watch cricket featuring Scott Boland bowling to Manish Pandey
Aus/India series usually see some pretty strong sides, which I'm guessing is more of a money thing than a "they actually care about winning the series" thing

It's usually series against minnows eg. Zim/Ban/WI/SL or NZ where they send 2nd XIs

cnerd123

likes this
Aus/India series usually see some pretty strong sides, which I'm guessing is more of a money thing than a "they actually care about winning the series" thing

It's usually series against minnows eg. Zim/Ban/WI/SL or NZ where they send 2nd XIs
lmao don't forget South Africa

which means the full strength XIs are only reserved for cricket between the Big 3

TheJediBrah

lmao don't forget South Africa

which means the full strength XIs are only reserved for cricket between the Big 3
ha yes I remember last time Aus toured there they literally sent like a 4th XI bowling attack, if that

Spark

Global Moderator
ODI squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner, Ashton Agar, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Adam Zampa

T20 squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner (vice-capt), Jason Behrendorff, Dan Christian, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Glenn Maxwell, Tim Paine (wk), Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

That seems fine to me. Obviously Haze is out, no Cummins is the main (good) one.

TheJediBrah

ODI squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner, Ashton Agar, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Adam Zampa

T20 squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner (vice-capt), Jason Behrendorff, Dan Christian, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Glenn Maxwell, Tim Paine (wk), Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

That seems fine to me. Obviously Haze is out, no Cummins is the main (good) one.
But he's in the squad?