• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

halba

International 12th Man
Should be Warner/marsh at the top in world cup. with Warner to look to be aggressive. Left hand right hand combination. Head at no4-5

Re SKY worst series ever for a batter, triple 0(1 ball faced each) ?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
To no one's surprise, a nice post script to the series. :p

ICC literally saying Broad snr. was talking out of his ass about the pitch is fun, though. :)

Why on earth is DRS tech still not being used for this? The appeal process is legit just two dudes watching footage from the game. We have the tech to know how much the average ball has "misbehaved" based on Hawkeye data.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
To no one's surprise, a nice post script to the series. :p

ICC literally saying Broad snr. was talking out of his ass about the pitch is fun, though. :)

I'm not sure that's quite what the ICC is saying.

The game lasted about 190 overs - that's 2 full days and about 40 minutes on day 3, if the over rate was as it should be.

Now if that doesn't make a poor pitch, I don't know what does.

Surely the all powerful BCCI won't have 'encouraged' the ICC to change it's verdict.

I mean two people watching some of the game on the TV are obviously better placed to give a judgement than an experienced match referee who was at the ground ?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure that's quite what the ICC is saying.

The game lasted about 190 overs - that's 2 full days and about 40 minutes on day 3, if the over rate was as it should be.

Now if that doesn't make a poor pitch, I don't know what does.

Surely the all powerful BCCI won't have 'encouraged' the ICC to change it's verdict.

I mean two people watching some of the game on the TV are obviously better placed to give a judgement than an experienced match referee who was at the ground ?
What did the gabba deck in the AUS vs SA match get? It lasted barely two days and wasn't in India.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
What did the gabba deck in the AUS vs SA match get? It lasted barely two days and wasn't in India.
Any match that lasts just over 2 days, and where both sides struggle to make runs, whether that match is played in India, Australia, England should get a poor pitch rating.

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Or the Lords test in 2018 in England? But hey, too much seam/swing = good, too much spin = bad. coz, you know.........
No I don't know - perhaps you could enlighten me.

The 2018 pitch at Lords couldn't have been all that bad, England scored nearly 400.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any match that lasts just over 2 days, whether that match is played in India, Australia, England should get a poor pitch rating.
How about Afghanistan's debut test? Or to go to the other extreme, how about the Rawalpindi pitch? Was that a poor pitch or were they just thoroughly outclassed? Think results based analysis like this can be deceptive. I agree that both the GABBA and Indore pitch were subpar but there should be a more foolproof way to gauge how poor a pitch is than match length surely.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How about Afghanistan's debut test? Or to go to the other extreme, how about the Rawalpindi pitch? Was that a poor pitch or were they just thoroughly outclassed? Think results based analysis like this can be deceptive. I agree that both the GABBA and Indore pitch were subpar but there should be a more foolproof way to gauge how poor a pitch is than match length surely.
The Pindi and the Ahmedabad pitches both were worse than Gabba or Indore.