• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Mate we just smashed the favourites in 37 overs last game chillax. Where missing haze, Cummins, green and Maxwell who all walk back into the side at full strength.
That was a funny game but we've been an ordinary ODI side for two full cycles now. We briefly had a spike for the 2019 WC but if anything we seem to have regressed.

Hazlewood is the real miss there. I don't think Cummins is a particularly great ODI bowler tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sharma scooping a pull shot from low to high and being caught at square leg. Only seen it about 642 times in his career before tonight.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Mate we just smashed the favourites in 37 overs last game chillax. Where missing haze, Cummins, green and Maxwell who all walk back into the side at full strength.
Cummins ain’t that good in limited overs. Plus who knows whether Mitch Marsh will be as good later this year. Ind is also playing without Bumrah, a much bigger loss.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins ain’t that good in limited overs. Plus who knows whether Mitch Marsh will be as good later this year. Ind is also playing without Bumrah, a much bigger loss.
A much bigger loss than three players? I know he’s good but that’s a stretch lol.

I feel like India missing Pant is a huge out too, having said that

lol that’s missed the bat by miles. Ball doing a bit now at least

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli in his absolute pomp would eat a chase like this for breakfast. Will be interesting to see how he deals with this

Molehill

International Captain
Why Smith went for DRS , should have appeal for stumping to get umpire DRS .
India tried that earlier too and the umpires were having none of it. It's happening a lot in the Women's IPL, not sure I agree with it. If you've given the catch behind not out, you shouldn't be able to check for it on an umpire's review. Only a team referral should be allowed.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
A much bigger loss than three players? I know he’s good but that’s a stretch lol.

I feel like India missing Pant is a huge out too, having said that

lol that’s missed the bat by miles. Ball doing a bit now at least
Bumrah is one of the best ODI bowlers in the world. Cummins can actually leak runs a lot in limited overs, so I feel it’s good he’s not playing. Maybe Bumrah+Pant>Cummins, Hazelwood and Maxwell.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumrah is one of the best ODI bowlers in the world. Cummins can actually leak runs a lot in limited overs, so I feel it’s good he’s not playing. Maybe Bumrah+Pant>Cummins, Hazelwood and Maxwell.
Bumrah has averaged 38 with the ball since 2020 in odi cricket. Maxwell averages 33 @125 in odi, pant averages 34 @105. Since the start of 2020 maxwell averages 43 @130, pant averages 43 @110. If you really think a guy averaging 38 in a 4 year span is worth more than haze and cummins in this format then your as thick as pig****.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Since when did kohli's odi average drop to 57? Swear in his prime it was at 60 and I thought he was fine in ODI cricket during his test off period. He did well when he toured AUS a few years back and made 2 straight hundreds in ODI's earlier in the year didn't he?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Since when did kohli's odi average drop to 57? Swear in his prime it was at 60 and I thought he was fine in ODI cricket during his test off period. He did well when he toured AUS a few years back and made 2 straight hundreds in ODI's earlier in the year didn't he?
85 other international batsmen made 100s before kohli finally got his

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Bumrah has averaged 38 with the ball since 2020 in odi cricket. Maxwell averages 33 @125 in odi, pant averages 34 @105. Since the start of 2020 maxwell averages 43 @130, pant averages 43 @110. If you really think a guy averaging 38 in a 4 year span is worth more than haze and cummins in this format then your as thick as pig****.
Bumrah’s odi average is 23. Just because he’s not done well in the last year and a half, where he has been marred by injuries, doesn’t mean Cummins atleast is close to him as a ODI bowler.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
And he did bad for just two series, then did ok vs SA and took a brutal six fer to single handedly demolish Eng. If doing bad for six matches makes him a worse ODI bowler than Hazelwood and Cummins, that’s crazy.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumrah’s odi average is 23. Just because he’s not done well in the last year and a half, where he has been marred by injuries, doesn’t mean Cummins atleast is close to him as a ODI bowler.
Not the past year and a half, it's since the last WC lol. He's been below par in the format for ages. Him not taking wickets in the powerplay was a major reason india had a bit of a struggle in the format post the last WC, and it's only been fixed since siraj figured out ODI cricket and started dominating that phase of the game. He hasn't been consistently injured for nearly 4 years FYI.