• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Well he actually did better in that test than he did in the odis so kudos to the selectors lmao?
the funny thing is that we still don't really know how good he actually is in this format because he didn't even get bat to ball!*

*based purely on this series that is

anil1405

International Captain
Yeah Kuldeep attempting a reverse sweep, off his first ball, while Jaddu is at the other end is all that I wanted to see.

Niall

International Coach
I like the idea of a big hitter in the ODI side, but Yadav really has not seized this opportunity. It does seem harsh to bin him but this is elite cricket so you got to take the chances you get.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jadeja's inability to time it today really compensated for Starc's lack of control there. Very lucky to get away with it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That should serve as a reminder that Jadeja really isn't a finisher and is best suited to more of a Flintoff role with the bat. Required run rate was under 6 when he walked in.

Socerer 01

International Captain
That should serve as a reminder that Jadeja really isn't a finisher and is best suited to more of a Flintoff role with the bat. Required run rate was under 6 when he walked in.
what the **** why did they send Axar at 5 and kept Jadeja till 8 this is brainless from Dravid and Rohit Sharma

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I wonder how many Australians would have believed you if you told them that Australia would beat India by batting first without anyone getting a 50 and Mitchell Starc having the worst bowling figures ..

Agar and Zampa have really stood up for Australia in the bowling .

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Steve Smith as a captain on this India tour — W3, L1, D1. Pretty impressive. Ravichandran Ashwin said it rightly, Smith and captaincy is a match made in heaven.

Spark

Global Moderator
What a stupid way to end a game lmao.

Perhaps Australia aren't as doomed as I've believed having watched them for the last five years in ODIs. They still need to drop Marnus, work out what the batting order is, drop Stoinis (at least as a batsman), and get Abbott into the side though. Since I don't think they'll do these things I don't think they'll get very far.

It's kind of hard to know what to make of India. The bowling looks... okay? But only okay. But the batting looked bizarrely terrible; they really made a complete meal of that chase at a tactical level, just choosing the completely wrong times and wrong bowlers to attack.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Chasing in Chennai is always difficult because of lack of dew and pitch becomes slower as the match goes on .
I would say India lost this match with the ball .
Aus were 138/5 , so the max they should have been getting is 220-230 .

Spark

Global Moderator
Chasing in Chennai is always difficult because of lack of dew and pitch becomes slower as the match goes on .
I would say India lost this match with the ball .
Aus were 138/5 , so the max they should have been getting is 220-230 .
Kohli really should be seeing that chase home though. At his peak it's not even a question. He really should not have played that shot given it was Agar's last over and they'd both almost holed out playing the same shot in the previous over.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Kohli really should be seeing that chase home though. At his peak it's not even a question. He really should not have played that shot given it was Agar's last over and they'd both almost holed out playing the same shot in the previous over.
Both Rohit and Kohli are past their peak .
Problem is none of India’s young batsmen are giving performance like Rohit or Kohli of 10 years ago .
Gill, Rahul and Surya all have flopped big time with the bat .