• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lots to be worked out at the toss...
Does selecting which pitch occur before or after the toss? Does Modi get a say in which pitch? Does the giant image of Modi on the grass need to be moved if we change pitches at the toss....

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Did everyone in Shield cricket promise to never bowl bouncers at Bevan or something?
I'm sure he faced many bouncers at First-Class level. He gets a game at Test level more regularly if he was playing nowdays. The bouncer excuse...it may have been an issue but it was because of the depth that he couldn't get a look in during thst time for Test cricket for Australia.

Molehill

International Captain
This is a list of batsman I have compiled from that very strong era (1990s to early/mid 2000s) who either played little to no Test cricket for Australia. Below is their First-Class record.

Jamie Siddons: 11,587 @ 44.91

Jamie Cox: 18,614 @ 42.69

Stuart Law: 27,080 @ 50.52

Micheal Bevan: 19,147 @ 57.32

Martin Love: 16,952 @ 49.85

Darren Lehmann: 25,795 @ 57.83

Matthew Elliot: 17,251 @ 47.00

David Hussey: 14,280 @ 52.50

Jimmy Maher: 13,149 @ 38.78

Andrew Symonds: 14,477 @ 42.20

Tom Moody: 21,001 @ 46.25

Brad Hodge: 17,084 @ 48.81

Michael Di Venuto: 25,200 @ 45.90
You could even add Mike Hussey to that list, given he was 30 in 2005 when he finally made his Test debut and had been playing FC Cricket for a decade.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
You could even add Mike Hussey to that list, given he was 30 in 2005 when he finally made his Test debut and had been playing FC Cricket for a decade.
Yeah you're right I could of had him on that list. I left him off the list because he ended up playing a lot of Test cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lots to be worked out at the toss...
Does selecting which pitch occur before or after the toss? Does Modi get a say in which pitch? Does the giant image of Modi on the grass need to be moved if we change pitches at the toss....
Is this real life that the Indian team management will decide which pitch to play on the day of the match? I have never heard of that happening anywhere else. Is that a thing that happens and I’m not aware of it? Seems very “icky” on its face.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really don't think that's a thing.

What's icky is the fact that Modi is doing the coin toss at a ground named after him. ****ing politicians.
And when it comes to Indian politicians, the word shame really has no meaning.

Here is a cameo of actor/politician MGR playing a lead in a movie and also cameo-ing as the real life political version of himself as a big philanthropist. ??

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To be fair Australia named a sporting arena after a pollie....
Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Pool

(For non Australians, Holt drowned whilst in office.)

Socerer 01

International Captain
the political drama is getting unbelievable now they have a chariot to take Modi and Albo around the ground before match