• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Xix2565

International Debutant
Lol, C'mon man. I live tldr. Why don't you Cliffs it for me?
The pitches in India have gotten worse for batting/better for bowling as part of a strategy from top down that such pitches will let India win more (in recent times aka 2020 onwards). Hence the drop off in batting numbers for everyone, both touring teams and the Indian lineup. And since away conditions haven't been that batting friendly for India either, it means they just look worse than everyone else since there's no good batting tracks for the batting lineup to make some runs on when they tour or play at home.

Not sure how difficult reading or watching is though for you to need this tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitches in India have gotten worse for batting/better for bowling as part of a strategy from top down that such pitches will let India win more (in recent times aka 2020 onwards). Hence the drop off in batting numbers for everyone, both touring teams and the Indian lineup. And since away conditions haven't been that batting friendly for India either, it means they just look worse than everyone else since there's no good batting tracks for the batting lineup to make some runs on when they tour or play at home.

Not sure how difficult reading or watching is though for you to need this tbh.
You got sand in your fundamental orifice atm mate? Duffer's just about the least offensive bloke on the website. Weird snark tstl.

Molehill

International Captain
In place of whom? Genuine question.
Hodge had a pretty stellar FC career. I think you could argue he'd have been selected ahead of Head definitely (averages 48 v 40) and probably Labuschagne (46) too on the basis of that. I know those two have done well since making the team (as Hodge did in his limited Test opportunities), but had a Hodge been there, would they have got the chance?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That video that Kimber put up with the WTC final where Virat is attempting to drive a ball that is bouncing above his waist from short of a length is all the reason why Virat is struggling so much now.

Even when he looks switched on and is concentrating and his feet are moving sharply, the best he can grind out is a 40-70. :(

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That video that Kimber put up with the WTC final where Virat is attempting to drive a ball that is bouncing above his waist from short of a length is all the reason why Virat is struggling so much now.

Even when he looks switched on and is concentrating and his feet are moving sharply, the best he can grind out is a 40-70. :(
I get your point but driving really isn't kohli's issue. After watching the video I feel like it's majorly kohli regressing to mean a bit from 2017-2020 at the same time that being an indian batter got a TON harder than it use to be.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I get your point but driving really isn't kohli's issue. After watching the video I feel like it's majorly kohli regressing to mean a bit from 2017-2020 at the same time that being an indian batter got a TON harder than it use to be.
Nah.. its not driving. Its the fact that he seems to have given up on backfoot play against seamers unless he is playing the pull or the hook. And his tendency to come forward to literally every ball, even when the pitch is bouncy. It cost us a hell of a lot in RSA in the 2 tests he did play coz he was actually looking good there. Same at times in England.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah.. its not driving. Its the fact that he seems to have given up on backfoot play against seamers unless he is playing the pull or the hook. And his tendency to come forward to literally every ball, even when the pitch is bouncy. It cost us a hell of a lot in RSA in the 2 tests he did play coz he was actually looking good there. Same at times in England.
Did you mean to put these posts in a different thread