• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In the US for example hunting is a pretty integral part of ecosystem and population management in many areas. For a lot of grazing animals particularly, if the natural predators have been killed off (which in many areas they unfortunately have been) then humans absolutely have to pick up the slack; otherwise overgrazing will lead to total ecosystem collapse. I actually believe that in some states there's a concern that there's too little hunting going on and it's putting serious pressure on some habitats.

That's very different from trophy hunting though, which is what I believe McGrath engaged in. That's just indefensible.
You used a lot of words instead of saying food chain, huh? :)

One of my US colleagues in the Mid-West does a lot of hunting but he spoke about how its considered poor form if you dont eat the animals you hunt and its a requirement in some places. It is a very layered issue but AFAIC, at its simplest terms, we need both vegetarian and non-vegetarian folks in the world to maintain the balance in terms of resources. Maybe its better not to overthink it sometimes, from both sides. ?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
You used a lot of words instead of saying food chain, huh? :)

One of my US colleagues in the Mid-West does a lot of hunting but he spoke about how its considered poor form if you dont eat the animals you hunt and its a requirement in some places. It is a very layered issue but AFAIC, at its simplest terms, we need both vegetarian and non-vegetarian folks in the world to maintain the balance in terms of resources. Maybe its better not to overthink it sometimes, from both sides. ?
I go by this too. Killing animals is fine as long as we eat it. But killing them for fun is a crime.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I go by this too. Killing animals is fine as long as we eat it. But killing them for fun is a crime.
Also really good to kill/cull if they are pests and causing damage imo. For instance, in NZ we have introduced predators that kill our native birds (feral cats, stoats, ferrets etc.), destroy our forests (possums - also carry bovine tb), and wreck farmland (rabbits). I support pest eradication 100%.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Debutant
How some of you manage to hit post for some of these posts is incredible really.

Well, back to the BGT, does anyone feel Kuhnemann is important enough for his role to keep Starc out? Regardless of conditions?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Did Matt Short piss in McDonald's coffee or something? Deadset should be in the ODI squad at the very least
Ehh, only really figured out his cross format batting this yea tbf. Similiar story to inglis's trajectory tbh. Had a great year in the bbl, struggled in the other formats, then next year had a breakout summer across all 3 formats.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Ehh, only really figured out his cross format batting this yea tbf. Similiar story to inglis's trajectory tbh. Had a great year in the bbl, struggled in the other formats, then next year had a breakout summer across all 3 formats.
I get that tbf. He could regress back into mediocrity, but the bloke is in the form of his life
ObvsI Smith and Marnus are locks, but it's about looking ahead to the WC imo. What if Maxwell and Mitch Marsh/Stoinis are unfit then? You're also realistically looking at another opening combination (unless Warner has a complete resurgence in the next 6 months)

Just don't see the logic of at least not having a look at him tbh. Could open or potentially finish, and bowls handy offies

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How some of you manage to hit post for some of these posts is incredible really.
I feel you, man...these ****ing peasants. I suggest you do what I do after logging out from CW: do your ablutions, wash your lower orifices out with mud, take a bath facing eastwards, perform full shadashopchar puja, fast for the next 24 hours, and distribute food and money among beggars. You'll be right as rain to soil yourself the day after.

Crap, I didn't mean to hit post there :censored:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I get that tbf. He could regress back into mediocrity, but the bloke is in the form of his life
ObvsI Smith and Marnus are locks, but it's about looking ahead to the WC imo. What if Maxwell and Mitch Marsh/Stoinis are unfit then? You're also realistically looking at another opening combination (unless Warner has a complete resurgence in the next 6 months)

Just don't see the logic of at least not having a look at him tbh. Could open or potentially finish, and bowls handy offies
I'll be honest I asked a similiar question in the AUS domestic 2022/2023 thread after maxy copped a few blows at slip and was rumoured to be injured again upon shield return. We're heading to india again for ODI's just before the WC, so maybe there just trying to get a grip of the surefire players before expirimenting closer to the event? Also probably best that short finishes up the shield/marsh cup season bare minimum, a good all-format season + 2 bbl seasons looks alot better than 2 bbl seasons and a few domestic games.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Just on the topic of marnus and the #4 spot, not sold on him in indian conditions inparticular in the whiteball stuff. His overall ODI record is pretty ehh, and his domestic record doesn't say that he's got much room to grow in the format either. Also averaged sub 30 in the 8 odi's we played in Asia last year. Would prefer if green or inglis where given a longer run at 4 in the format, but selectors probably view marnus as a lock as you've said, which is unfortunate.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
India has a way of exposing just how stupid our selectors and coaches are. Australia derails almost from the moment we land. The conditions India presents exposes the simpletons steering our game and they should pay for their lack of thought and preparation with their jobs.
Ultimately comes down to player commitments in BBL which reduced the chance to play on Indian type pitches. If really serious, admins would've got atleast a couple of 3 day matches (regardless of pitch) scheduled.

That said, Indian bowlers have been just too good as well. Seeing in form players like Labu and Smith struggling, it's a bit too much to expect miracles from others.

Australia has 4 batters in top 10 ICC rankings. Yet managed to get rolled over for scores of 177, 91, 263 and 113 on wickets that were perfectly battable on., not to mention getting the chance to bat first on both occasions.

I think Ashwin and Jadeja had already pitced up nice big accommodations in the batters' heads. Silly stuff like getting an Ashwin look alike to bowl just betrays this mindset and already gave that head start to Indian bowlers, particularly Ashwin before the first ball was even bowled