• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The last 2 or 3 pages indicate how horribly scheduled this series has been... with so much Gao between tests. BCCI missed a trick by not arranging a 3 day with the pretenders and out of form incumbents like KL. Ashwin is now attending tucking TNPL auctions FFS

Sunil1z

International Regular
The last 2 or 3 pages indicate how horribly scheduled this series has been... with so much Gao between tests. BCCI missed a trick by not arranging a 3 day with the pretenders and out of form incumbents like KL. Ashwin is now attending tucking TNPL auctions FFS
The schedule has always been like this in BG trophy. 2 Test followed by 10 days gap and 2 Test.

In 2004 , Martyn , Gilchrist, Clarke and Coach went to Singapore for a 4 days vacation in those 10 days gap between 2nd and 3rd Test.

Attachments

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ultimately comes down to player commitments in BBL which reduced the chance to play on Indian type pitches. If really serious, admins would've got atleast a couple of 3 day matches (regardless of pitch) scheduled.

That said, Indian bowlers have been just too good as well. Seeing in form players like Labu and Smith struggling, it's a bit too much to expect miracles from others.

Australia has 4 batters in top 10 ICC rankings. Yet managed to get rolled over for scores of 177, 91, 263 and 113 on wickets that were perfectly battable on., not to mention getting the chance to bat first on both occasions.

I think Ashwin and Jadeja had already pitced up nice big accommodations in the batters' heads. Silly stuff like getting an Ashwin look alike to bowl just betrays this mindset and already gave that head start to Indian bowlers, particularly Ashwin before the first ball was even bowled
If they weren’t playing in the BBL they would have been playing ODIs against South Africa though

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The schedule has always been like this in BG trophy. 2 Test followed by 10 days gap and 2 Test.

In 2004 , Martyn , Gilchrist, Clarke and Coach went to Singapore for a 4 days vacation in those 10 days gap between 2nd and 3rd Test.
Yeah that's ridiculous. A 3d game could easily be inserted in this gap for visitors. And a good chance for domestic challengers like Sarfaraz to shine vs a strong team

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's ridiculous. A 3d game could easily be inserted in this gap for visitors. And a good chance for domestic challengers like Sarfaraz to shine vs a strong team
Yeah wtf am I expected to do for a week now? Bazball will kill the NZ - Eng game by Sunday as well.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Yeah wtf am I expected to do for a week now? Bazball will kill the NZ - Eng game by Sunday as well.
Surprised that with all the shenanigans about Nagpur center pitch practice, Aus didn't even ask for a practice match to utilize almost 1.5 weeks of break time. They have had more than double number off days (14 days) (than actual cricket (6 days) between start of the first test and start of third test.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised that with all the shenanigans about Nagpur center pitch practice, Aus didn't even ask for a practice match to utilize almost 1.5 weeks of break time. They have had more than double number off days (14 days) (than actual cricket (6 days) between start of the first test and start of third test.
They refused a practice game before the series as well so I'm not surprised they didn't ask for one in the middle of it

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
They refused a practice game before the series as well so I'm not surprised they didn't ask for one in the middle of it
Yeah I can understand before the series because BBL finals. But I can't understand not opting for one in between. Especially how they moaned about Nagour curator watering the pitch and all denying them "invaluable practice"

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you think travelling hundreds of miles to kill an animal is fun and like to have your picture taken with it bleeding its brains out to hang on your wall then you are scum.
I don't care how many villagers you feed, ecosystems you protected or charity work you do.
Mcgrath = scum, imo.
Good to see Mike Atherton turn up at CW to take a dig at Ooh Ahh.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I can understand before the series because BBL finals. But I can't understand not opting for one in between. Especially how they moaned about Nagour curator watering the pitch and all denying them "invaluable practice"
It's because pitches in practice matches the last couple of tours have tended to have rather more grass and rather less turn than the test pitches. The point of wanting to practice on the Nagpur pitch after the match was to practice in conditions they'll actually be facing in the tests.