• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lyon over Ashwin. Seriously outbowled him this series. Proved once and for all he is the WPNCOS.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Combined XI

Lokesh Rahul
Matt Renshaw
Cheteshwar Pujara
Steve Smith (C)
Ajinkya Rahane
Wriddhiman Saha (Wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Pat Cummins
Umesh Yadav
Nathan Lyon/Josh Hazlewood
1 Matt Renshaw
2 Lokesh Rahul
3 Cheteshwar Pujara
4 Steve Smith
5 Glenn Maxwell
6 Wriddhiman Saha
7 Ravindra Jadeja
8 Mitchell Starc
9 Pat Cummins
10 Nathan Lyon
11 Umesh Yadav

would be my XI.

Compton

International Debutant
Kohli's an arse.

Trust him to go all John Terry full-kit wanker so that history can ignore the fact he done **** all and then pussied out of the final test.

I wonder if he'll be so vocal after India tour Down Under...?

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli's an arse.

Trust him to go all John Terry full-kit wanker so that history can ignore the fact he done **** all and then pussied out of the final test.

Why wouldn't he be?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli's an arse.

Me and my mates met him at a bar in Sydney during a tour where his team was getting humiliated. He was the same douchebag.

edit: And he spent a lot of time buying average looking girls drinks too.

OverratedSanity

Kohli's an arse.

He was pretty vocal in Australia last time too. Had a fiery presser at Melbourne.

And just like here, he took all the attention away from what had been a glorious day of cricket.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ratings for mine:

Australia

David Warner 2.5/10 - Needed to do much more. One good innings he played was where he was dropped off the first ball. Meh.

Matt Renshaw 5/10 - Good batsman. Long tour got to him in the end though.

Steve Smith 9/10 - Legend. Second test performance cost him half a point. First test century was one of the luckiest I have seen recently. Another quarter point. Reviewing and not using his fifth bowlers another quarter point.

Shaun Marsh 4/10 - Disappointing. Should have been a key player. Never looked like it.

Peter Handscomb 5/10 - Underwhelming really. Hope he does better next time.

Glenn Maxwell 7/10 - Super ton. Didn't get to bowl so can't hold it against him. Superb fielding. Keep him in.

Mitchell Marsh 1/10 - What is he there for? Absolutely nothing. Didn't get to bowl so not really his fault either. Still.

Matthew Wade 5/10 - Kept well (relatively speaking). Scored some useful runs.

Mitchell Starc 8/10 - Solid pace with some great spells. Useful bat.

Pat Cummins 8/10 - Same as above.

Nathan Lyon 7.5/10 - Had the opposition in trouble almost throughout. Almost.

SoK 6.5/10 - Immense first test. Got worked out afterwards. But some good, tight stuff in between.

Josh Hazlewood 4/10 - Disappointing. Expected much more. Kept it tight though. And great fitness levels.

India

KL Rahul 8.5/10 - Only thing lacking was a century. Great young find. Hope he takes South Africa by storm later this year.

Murali Vijay 3/10 - Disappointing to the hilt. Fished outside off too often. Needs to work his way into some form.

ChePu 8.5/10 - What a guy. What a performance. First test aside.

Virat Kohli 0.5/10 - Piss poor in every way. Only good thing he did was keep the crowd in the game. Half a point for that.

Ajinkya Rahane 5.5/10 - Couple of important knocks. Struggled hard against some obvious problems against spin. Great captaincy in the last test.

Karun Nair 1/10 - Threw it away time and again for no good reason. Time for Shreyas Iyer me thinks.

Wriddhiman Saha 8.5/10 - Superb keeping. A great ton. Not much more you can ask for.

Ravichandran Ashwin - Difficult call. Not really sure how to rate his series. Disappointed with the bat. Weird to think of the second highest wicket taker as having had a mixed series, but that's where we are - 7.5/10

Ravindra Jadeja 9.5/10 - The Sword. Champ. Just goes on and on and keeps delivering. Some important runs too. Great series for him. Deserved MOTS.

Umesh Yadav 9/10 - Breakthrough series (hopefully!). Bowled beautifully. Some truly magnificent spells. Strike rate of 45 and average of 23. Just immense.

Ishant Sharma 2/10 - Don't know how he keeps getting picked ahead of Bhuvi. Another one of Kohli's missteps. Bowled a couple of tight spells though. Not a total spud.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar 5/10 - Just a solitary game. Had Warner out first ball. And again in the next innings. Both dropped.

Kuldeep Yadav 7/10 - Magnificent man of china. Superb performance. Probably would have been worked out some bit had he played all games though. Keeping an eye on him.

Jayant Yadav 2.5/10 - Just the first test for him. Nothing spectacularly bad as such. Needs to become better, I think.

Abhinav Mukund - Didn't see him bat.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Kumar did get the wicket tbf. Many what-ifs to go around, Smith not chopping on and going on his merry way one of the biggest. A session of Smith going in that sort of mood could have put India in a seriously awkward position.

OverratedSanity

Smith was better than Jadeja imo.

Think about it this way: Most people admit that despite India winning the series, they wouldn't have complained if Smith won MotS. But if Australia had won the series (which they easily could have) then Smith would've won it unanimously and Jaddu would've been an afterthought.

I realize that's probably warped logic since a big part of why India won was Jadeja but Smith's was a performance for the ages and an insane carry job.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith was better than Jadeja imo.

Think about it this way: Most people admit that despite India winning the series, they wouldn't have complained if Smith won MotS. But if Australia had won the series (which they easily could have) then Smith would've won it unanimously and Jaddu would've been an afterthought.

I realize that's probably warped logic but a big part of why India won was Jadeja but Smith's was a performance for the ages and an insane carry job.
I don't think people pay much attention to official MoTS anyway. Jadeja had a great series but not like he had a Johnson 2013/14 or Harbhajan 2001 world-beater, whereas Smith had one of those rare series which marks a player out as fast-track to ATG.

OverratedSanity

Bhuvi did what was expected from him. Excellent new ball bowling (atleast in the second innings... Was slightly wayward in the first). The fire with which he and Umesh bowled early on was amazing and won't be captured in a scorecard.

Daemon

Starc rated a bit too high and SMarsh a bit too low. Otherwise I can't see anything to disagree with.