• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This was a superb innings from Maxwell. If India wins this match and thereby the series, it will be due to this one inch gained on the legstump of Maxi.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What difference does it make if he played a shot? Am I missing something?
If you don't play a shot then it does not matter whether it hit outside the line or not. In this case it didn't matter as it was umpire's call anyway, but there is a distinction.

Burgey

Yeah I don't know. I guess his intent wasn't to play a shot - it was just for the purposes of LBW that one can say he offered one...does that count? (I genuinely could go either way on that tbf)
Oh look, I'm not eally going to argue one way or the other. At the end of the day the bloke was lifted a spot in the order and frankly did a great job in the circumstances. If Australia loses this he's hardly to blame at all

Spikey

If the on field umpire was of the view that Maxwell had played a shot, I don't think there's much chance it gets given

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If you don't play a shot then it does not matter whether it hit outside the line or not. In this case it didn't matter as it was umpire's call anyway, but there is a distinction.
Well yeah I know, but he wasn't hit outside the line according to the replay. Would have been out regardless of the third umpire's call. Might have impacted the on field call though as others have said.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India doing what Australia have done so well in this series so far, just no loose deliveries on offer. Keep that up and we'll get the wkts eventually.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't want Ashwin on this wicket unless he's on song. He'll bowl too slow, allow the batsmen to use their feet, and could bleed a bunch of boundaries in no time.

If he's fit enough to get them down with revs at 80-90 kmph like he used too then sure, but if he's tossing them up in the 70s with variable accuracy then I'd rather keep Kuldeep on. He's looking alright. Needs a short fine leg tho.
thanks for the sarcastic like Daemon

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Whatever you say about his overall performance in the series, Ashwin's come to the party twice and it might be the deciding factor it in.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How is that umpires call on being outside the line when hawkeye shows him being hit well outside the line?

Some very strange DRS results this series

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno if Wade should go for it here or just try and stay in until Cummins gets out at least. I can't see Lyon and Haze lasting long here.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How is that umpires call on being outside the line when hawkeye shows him being hit well outside the line?

Some very strange DRS results this series
Is the animation the actual prediction or does the hawkeye make a prediction and then graphics get created based on that? That could explain the difference.