• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Spark

Global Moderator
I think we're fine tbh. MMarsh out for Maxwell (not Khawaja), and keep going. We missed key opportunities and lost critical moments, some our fault, some not, and India capitalised.

I don't think there's much between these two times when they're both playing at this level. But holy ****, please produce a better pitch. This was *********.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fair points Burgey and social.

Just one of those days. Days that have been creeping in to Australian cricket far too often over past 3-4 years. Dropped chances (but costly ones), tight umpiring calls, a bit of blockheadedness from our boys as well. That's all it takes to turn it around. It happened to India last game to an extent but the magnitude of that win minimised the impact of the drops etc. Close losses are always frustrating but hopefully by playing 11 instead of 10 blokes we can turn it around (hello M Marsh 8-))

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had stopped posting here. Just came to say that I am shocked at Kohli's behaviour. We should have been a bit more graceful after the win. Not sure what he said to Lyon after the win but that looked ugly.
I hope Lyon said "At least I used my bat".

Kirkut

International Regular
Amazing game, never expected us to win this, but the bowlers were great, a great game overall.

Woooooooooooooooooo

We are back!!!

The no 1 team in the world is back!!!

The king of spin is back!!!!

Not O'Keefe, Not Lyon but Ashwin!!!!!!

To all non-Indians:

suno gaur se duniyaa waalon
buri nazar naa humpe daalo
chaahe jitnaa zor lagaa lo
sabse aage honge hindustaani

hamne kahaa hai tum bhi kaho

Beware all pretenders to the throne. The kings are back!!!
Arre, itna khush? :happy:

OverratedSanity

- Rahul is a ****ing champ. Wed be looking at 4-0 if not for him. It's not just his runs. But he was playing Lyon so assuredly yesterday that he actually shielded Pujara yesterday afternoon when ChePu looked terrible. Motm for sure.

- That ChePu - Rahane partnership was absolutely massive in the context of the game.

- Jaddu's spell to limit Australia's lower order so important too in hindsight.

- Ashwin :wub: I'd genuinely written him off for this test. Didn't look anywhere near his best but picked up 5 anyway.

- Reminder that people wanted Saha to be dropped for Parthiv. Parthiv would've choked with the bat and dropped 3 catches today. The Saha played a vital little knock at the end and took some great catches.

- I'm tasting it pretty hard. Thought the series was done, but then so did many others halfway through yesterday.

- Gambhiring paid off :ph34r:

- Can't wait for the next test now. Great series and Australia have been superb. I think we're favourites now but I don't expect Australia to crumble. Shown tremendous grit so far. And dharamshala will suit them plenty.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke kept on going on about how this score isn't big enough for India, wonder what he has to say now lol.

Zinzan

Played India. From a neutral POV I'd actually hoped Aust would go up 2-0, only because I think India still could have pulled it back to a 2-all draw in home conditions.

Will be tough for Australia from here on in, massive psychological points to India.

Cracking Test match, just a shame it slid off the edge so quickly in the end.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Comfortably the worst spinner on show in this series to date

Can only imagine what the GOAT's career figures would look like if he got to bowl on these goat tracks every match

LOL.. winning against Australia always good just for this kind of biased bull **** whining. :)

Spikey

I think we're fine tbh. MMarsh out for Maxwell (not Khawaja), and keep going. We missed key opportunities and lost critical moments, some our fault, some not, and India capitalised.

I don't think there's much between these two times when they're both playing at this level. But holy ****, please produce a better pitch. This was *********.
When Compton (i think. cbf checking) said it was time for drop Marsh for Maxwell, I literally thought, "wait we don't have any reserve batsman?" and didn't remember until you said it. I'd be on board with bringing a batsman over tbh.