• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still can't get over Wade not taking one and pushing for two off the last ball of the over before Haze got out. Just no awareness whatsoever

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is a fan... So robotic
Yeah but Maxwell is a batsman. Who cares about fifties for batsmen?

I've been a hardcore cheerleading fan for players at times and if a batsman scored 49 instead of 51 I really wouldn't be 'so annoyed' about it. A bowling allrounder, sure. Seems weird with Maxwell though. Think bigger.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been a hardcore cheerleading fan for players at times and if a batsman scored 49 instead of 51 I really wouldn't be 'so annoyed' about it. A bowling allrounder, sure. Seems weird with Maxwell though. Think bigger.
Wanting to score runs is futile. Everything is futile. No one asked to be born. Consciousness is a cosmic joke. AI cometh.

Gob

International Coach
****ing hate cricket atm.

Really think Bangalore was the game they should have won and should have sealed it there. Seriously good cricket by India today though

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did Burgey just watch Cassablanca or something? He's made half a dozen references to it in the last two pages. One of the best movies of all time and the one old movie my wife can stay awake through.

Really disappointed in the batting effort today. Marsh and Wade should be dropped. Neville has to come back for the home summer. Wade just isn't cut out for this level. Maxwell padding up probably cost us 50+ runs in the end too, which could have been enough to defend but it's hard to blame the guy who scored over twice the runs of everyone else.

Very disappointed with the last six overs. Yet again India have seen off the tricky period before stumps unharmed.

Really the main difference between the two sides has been that India has found ways to change things when things have gone against them. There has always been someone to put up their hand and do the hard yards. Australia has not found that. We've carried too many passengers. Warner, M Marsh, S Marsh and Wade have all been ordinary. Renners out, Smith out all out has been the order of service for this series (which is a nice change from Warner out, Smith out all out as it was prior to this summer). Handscomb has been very disappointing. Outside his one decent innings he's looked a million bucks but batted like a millionaire. I'm not advocating dropping him because he's a part of the future. M Marsh has a pathway back into the side (make a thousand runs in a season) but S Marsh should be let go for good. He's too injury prone and we don't have another subcontinent tour this side of his 35th birthday.

Going forward the boys can look back at this series as both a missed opportunity and a learning experience. I don't want to blame the 20 year old kid, but if Renshaw had have gone on and hit a ton on day two at Bangalore we'd almost certainly have won that match. He missed out, Marsh missed out, India clawed their way back and have been playing better cricket ever since.

Cummins has been immense with the ball. You couldn't ask a guy in his situation to do more. He's such a talent and if we have a glimmer of a hope of defending the 86 runs tomorrow it's really on his back. Hazlewood has been disappointing again in the subcontinent. He hasn't been bad, in fact he's been very good, just not his "future-ATG" self.

Warner seriously has to take a lot of the blame for this series loss. He has been terrible with the bat and has looked like the junior partner to Renshaw for the whole series. Needs a long look in the mirror. "It's just the way he plays" which is to say that he is **** when the ball isn't coming onto the bat. He's way behind Hayden in the top Australian openers of the last 20 years battle. He's behind Langer too come to think of it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
For India to have performed well without Kohli and with an ineffective (injured) Ashwin...., its quite something.

That's because coming into the series, Kohli had been by far India's best batsman, while Ashwin had been by far the best bowler in the world and all-rounder too.

A few of the others really had to fight & stand up in their absence.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not over yet by the way, Australia can still win, despite it being quite unlikely. Thats because India are playing with a very weak middle order. There's not one reliable batsman after Pujara.

No.4, 5 & 6-
Rahane - woefully out of form and what not
Nair- absolutely c**p.
Ashwin - He is not able to bend with any ease due to his hernia and all and its impacted his batting dramatically as well, not just his bowling.

These 3 together make up about 1 batsman.

No.7 Saha - he has had to step up, given all of above.
No.8 Jadeja- he too has had to knuckle down due to the shortcomings of the above

If you add all that up, India in effect are playing with around 4 batsmen.. and Saha and Jadeja (who too is unreliable). If Australia can get the top 3 guys out, who knows, it may end up being a much closer finish than many are expecting.

Last edited: