• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah you're probably right. I was just trying to be as charitable as possible to the anti-Marsh PoV, which is to assume the best possible replacement would have come in.

Why the crowbar anyway? Why not shoot him or fire him out of a cannon?
I always imagine the crowbar to the knee when I'm concocting theoretical injury scenarios. It's probably some sort of ingrained pop culture reference that I can't put my finger on (I want to say Fat Tony/Simpsons, but I feel that's wrong).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****, if we win this series, it would be the sweetest feeling ever.

C'mon India

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Reckon Marsh cancelled out all the goodwill he generated from the previous Test here.

Soft 1st inns dismissal, injured for the zillionth time and then out on stroke of Tea so predictably.

He's 33 years old now; if you couldn't count on him holding up physically in previous years for an entire series why now?
What was the injury? I just assumed he was in the middle of a smoke and was to busy to bat.

ajdude

International Coach
I always imagine the crowbar to the knee when I'm concocting theoretical injury scenarios. It's probably some sort of ingrained pop culture reference that I can't put my finger on (I want to say Fat Tony/Simpsons, but I feel that's wrong).
Mr Burns at the bowling alley

Burner

International Regular
What on Earth has happened to the pitch? Suddenly it looks a minefield. Wonder if it's the bowling or the pitch itself.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anything can happen after tea but imma say this anyway. Maxwell looks like he's batting on a different deck to everyone else out there so far #intent
I think it's fair to say, ignoring Smith, he has the best technique in the team

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Whatever the result of the game, this series has put several question marks on Kohli's ability to captain. Until now he had not been under the pump for sustained period. Every time someone got india out of a hole before itbecame too big. But here he has been under immense pressure and has absolutely crumbled under it. From poor bowling changes to rubbish field placements not to mention usingup reviews on worst possible balls. Also the media tantrums. I would fear to imagine what might happen to him if lost like dhoni did on away tours.