• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, that should just about be the game. So much bounce there to Marsh, tough one to keep down.

Certainly not a great innings from Handscomb but he has at least ensured that India should have to chase 3 figures in the last innings by being part of a 50 partnership there. Won't look that big on the scorecard but makes some sort of game of it at least. Still think Australia need another 100 in the last session though, and it looks pretty unlikely.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Jaddu!!!

Man, I really hope they don't score more than 50 runs from this point. Won't be confident with a 150 run chase in this track.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, did picking Marsh as a horses for courses thing work?

Numbers say no, but I think actually watching the series says yes. Australia would've lost the third Test if he Khawaja played instead IMO.
Numbers can suck a fat one imo. He's contributed two vital innings this series in tough conditions. That's a passing grade comfortably from me.

morgieb

Numbers say no, but I think actually watching the series says yes. Australia would've lost the third Test if he Khawaja played instead IMO.
Borderline case IMO. I think his contributions mattered more than Khawaja's would've, and for that matter Warner's, but it wasn't a great series. Genuine question marks about whether it was worth it if Australia do go on to lose this Test.

Can't believe I'm rooting for 2 Victorians to save us. I feel so dirty.

Burgey

Yeah Marsh has done a decent job at times. He's just so frustrating because he's so rocks and diamonds

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

Marsh is like he plays one blue moon innings just enough to hold his place and goes missing. I dont know he played some fighting innings but not a fan personally

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, you have to look at him as a direct exchange for the most likely replacement. In Pune and Bangalore, that was Maxwell. Hard to say there since Maxwell has done well but didn't have to play on those pitches. After that it's Khawaja. I think Marsh was clearly the right call and his series wasn't that bad, but you couldn't call it a huge success either, mostly because of this test. Contributed in each of the first three but was poor here.