• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

Sir Alex

Banned
Glad we have you to keep an eye out of any hint of anti-Indian bias Sir Alex! :thumbsup:
Don't be facetious, Ind/SL series in Zim series is unstickied but I don't care a **** about it. Asia Cup is a multinational ODI tour. Your presumptions are baseless.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All a bit 'meh' over it. Will probably really only be watching if Hazelwood gets a run. Or if Watto's batting.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't be facetious, Ind/SL series in Zim series is unstickied but I don't care a **** about it. Asia Cup is a multinational ODI tour. Your presumptions are baseless.
But I like being facetious! :-O

And I say they had some base ;)

King Pietersen

International Captain
Shahzad called into the squad to cover for Sidebottom who unsurprisingly has picked up another injury, this time in his Hamstring. Guess that means Bresnan and Anderson will play.

Strauss
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Wright
Yardy
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson

Looks like that'll be the side; that's if Bresnan has recovered from the stress fracture in his foot anyway.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Saj must be quite close to getting a call up... hope he does. I think he'd be more exciting to watch than Bresnan.

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bresnan is one of these players who can do really well but i'm still never really too happy seeing him in the side, hmm.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bresnan is one of these players who can do really well but i'm still never really too happy seeing him in the side, hmm.
Rather have him than Saj every time.Saj is always going to bowl a high number of 4 balls and wides where as at least Bresnan has a proven record in the shorter game.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Rather have him than Saj every time.Saj is always going to bowl a high number of 4 balls and wides where as at least Bresnan has a proven record in the shorter game.
Mahmood does have a lot better domestic record than Bresnan. I think he's a lot more likely to take wickets at international level.

flibbertyjibber

Mahmood does have a lot better domestic record than Bresnan. I think he's a lot more likely to take wickets at international level.
Mahmood has been tried and failed,no thanks rather not go back to that waste of space.May as well pick Devon Malcolm again as he is a fast bowler too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He has also improved judging by his county figures.

Personally I wouldn't be averse to giving Saj another go, just because he was rubbish 3 years ago doesn't automatically make him rubbish now.

flibbertyjibber

He has also improved judging by his county figures.

Personally I wouldn't be averse to giving Saj another go, just because he was rubbish 3 years ago doesn't automatically make him rubbish now.
Did you see him last year when they picked him in South Africa?

By your thinking we may as well pick Darren Stevens or Robin Martin Jenkins as they are having good seasons.8-)

Burgey

Jeez, forgot this was on altogether til I heard Pietersen banging on about some psychological hold England has because they won the T20 WC or something.

He can bat can Kev, but he's just a brainless ****head really, isn't he?