• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

stumpski

International Captain
Only on TV in that SA series.

We've had one ridiculous mismatch already today, don't want another one.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins will be interesting; will he go all out or be a bit cautious? Hoping for the former. Is still quite good when bowling within himself, though.

Top_Cat

Really does defy belief that Lee is bowling a shade faster than when he played his first Test.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cant wait for cummins. you poms wouldnt have seen him would you?
There's this new invention called "television". It shows pictures that somehow move. :-O I suspect witchcraft, myself, but I'm assured it's kosher.

Heavy handed sarcasm aside, I saw his test debut in Yarpville. Looks the mutts nuts.

uvelocity

International Coach
he's an amazing specimen

e: could be a reply to both the above posts

okok re tv i got excited ok

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Looks an easy-paced deck, almost nothing off the deck as yet.

EDIT: Haha, how much does Cummins look like McG circa 1999 right now?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Legside half-volley from Hilf. It's like 2010/11 all over again.

& follows it up with an offside one to show what a versitle bowler he now is.

Top_Cat

haha, was about to make a crack along the lines of "Wow, almost 3 overs in and no short ones from Lee yet. He really has matured!"

And then that happened. Old dog, new tricks, etc.

EDIT: That shot from Stirling sorta says to me the deck's good. 90mph and on-the-up through cover, nice.

Last edited:

Spikey

I really wish I posted the joke about Doherty being a under 30 player contracted as a batsman, cause cricinfo has him listed to come in at 5. so i could have been like "See! He's contracted as a batsman!"

ajdude

International Coach
hahaha over the loudspeaker "the new bowler is pat cummins, and can we get a clean up on aisle 3"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slight alteration to Cummins's action? Seems to be standing up more in his delivery stride, which will help his back.

Top_Cat

Possibly, still a bit too much of 'right-arm past the vertical' at release, for mine.