• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in decline thread

Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Standards across all teams seem to be dipping of late. The senior guys are well past climbing up the hill and the newer guys aren't quite making an impact like they used to earlier.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it took longer to happen with Australia than with others though.

And I also hope it'll eventually start reversing again. The biggest problems IMO are flat pitches and overcrowding of the international calender. And it doesn't help when seam-bowlers who promise to be among the best in history get themselves banned by taking banned drugs. 8-)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aus have another 2 yrs to rule atmost.After that it will be India, say for another 5-6 yrs.

IN another 2 yrs, Indian batting will become the best with SEhwag/Jaffer/kaif/yuvraj getting experiance.The bowling with Khan/Nehra/Agarkar and Youhannan will be a real danger, all they need is experiance which they will get with time.Harbhajan will be a class off spinner than and Kartik will be another dangerous spinner.

IN TWO YRS, I reckon India will be a force!
:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah because Australia is going to be no better than Bangladesh now...

Seriously, Australia has ridiculous depth in every department bar spin. They're not going to be the dominant team like they were from the late 90's until recently, but they won't be easy beats either.

A truly interesting time in world cricket, IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love that India won because they played so well. It's great cricket to watch and good for cricket in general. But if the consequence is pointless, gloating threads like this, no kidding, I'm done with CW until the series is over at least.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Err, they are the best team in the world. And they'll be the best team in the world even if they lose 3-0. They didn't get to the #1 ranking in one day, they aren't going to lose it in one day. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, Australia can still win this series.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Err, they are the best team in the world. And they'll be the best team in the world even if they lose 3-0. They didn't get to the #1 ranking in one day, they aren't going to lose it in one day. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, Australia can still win this series.
Right, that's it. Someone ban SS please?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love that India won because they played so well. It's great cricket to watch and good for cricket in general. But if the consequence is pointless, gloating threads like this, no kidding, I'm done with CW until the series is over at least.
I thought itduzz was a Pakistani fan?