• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

howardj

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
No he said "I don't see Bangladesh winning this" and "Either draw, or Aussie win". This is not the same as simply saying he thinks Australia will win.
Get over it. It's ridiculous how much Australians and South Africans are described as arrogant - all lumped in the one basket. Are all Englishmen whingers? Hardly.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KaZoH0lic said:
Actually, I left out my explanation to bait someone :D. I knew it would come about. The reasons I think so are perfectly legitmate. I think the main advantage the Bangaldeshi's had was their experience on this wicket and their know-how of Australian cricket. The Aussie bowlers are looking better, and the batsmen will have more regard for their bowlers and the implications of such a pitch. As the scorecard shows currently, Australia are in a position to bowl this out fast, or even slow, it won't matter. I see Australia batting it to a draw because of time restraints or batting to win. Sorry, I didn't think there was too much arrogance there apart from my little joke :).
Fair enough.

England 2 Australia 1.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Bangladesh at present can probably at most do 350 now.
AT MOST!!!!!

Unless something miraculous happens. It's a new day, a new session, an a worse off pitch. A moderate tail which does not wag all that often in Test matches (mind you in ODIs the tail is stronger than they are in Test matches).

A century from Rajin Saleh? A 50 from Khled Mashud? Too much to expect at the moment.

A score of 370-400 will only stretch the game to the fifth day. But I highly doubt whther it can contain the mighty Aussie team from winning.

450-500????? Now we are talking.....but at present, such score for Bangladesh in this Test match atleast is virtually impossible (but I do hope I'm proved wrong :P)!!!!!~~~~~

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
Yea, I was gonna say Australia 17 England 20 but I had the same problem getting the sports mixed up.
haha, but you know 3-1 hurts so much more! (Even if it was a friendly)

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
Again the usual arrogant rubbish from some Aussie fans. This is why the whole World can't wait for you lot to get beat.
The day you speak for the whole world we're in a shedload of trouble.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KaZoH0lic said:
It isn't the records really, it's the two camps.

Murali says if he is a chucker, so are Aussie bowlers - bound to get a reaction

Murali says certain comments on Aussie players and fans - bound to get a reaction.

Gilchrist and other cricketers say Murali chucks - bound to get a reaction.

Some comments he doesn't really say anything derogatory to Warne directly, but in his own defense he often does tease the 'line'. I mean, there are plenty of examples Murali saying Warne and Australia are jealous because he may get the record. - bound to get a reaction.

It's just them one-upping each other. Whether founded or not, it's bound to bring this air of childish poking.
To be honest, there were a fair few from Australia who started it all by saying Murali chucks. And I like to think that the world record thingy is seperate from this. There is no doubt that Warney started that bit, in a bid to get back at Ranatunga.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Arrogance is an aqquired thing, usually comes about after years of sustained success.

It was the same with imperial powers, it is the same with super powers, and it's also the same with individuals and teams.

We should all be so arrogant, as it usually means you have been dominant over a period of time.

Scaly piscine

KaZoH0lic said:
1) We've got the Ashes and the rugby World Cup
2) Who gives a toss about the Commonwealth Games
3) Aussies got loads of medals from mickey mouse events like 20k walk
4) We've got the Ashes and the rugby World Cup - just in case you didn't get that the first time

Ner ner ner ner ner.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
To be honest, there were a fair few from Australia who started it all by saying Murali chucks. And I like to think that the world record thingy is seperate from this. There is no doubt that Warney started that bit, in a bid to get back at Ranatunga.
Whew...I really don't want to get into this. It's not a route which will give you and I any answer. I disagree with the assumptions the Aussies started it, and that's all I wish to delve into. I just think whatever/whoever started it, no side should be given sympathy...like..."oh look what Warne said...", "look look...Murali!". It's just building up the hot air.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
1) We've got the Ashes and the rugby World Cup
2) Who gives a toss about the Commonwealth Games
3) Aussies got loads of medals from mickey mouse events like 20k walk
4) We've got the Ashes and the rugby World Cup - just in case you didn't get that the first time

Ner ner ner ner ner.
LOL. Instead of getting into this...I'll let you enjoy your country's short-lived sports success.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
social said:
ACB have been incredibly arrogant about this whole tour and were getting what we deserved.

Weve played 15 tests and god knows how many odis in less than a year and obviously the players are buggered - not to take anything away from the Bangas as they are deservedly in the box seat. However, the only reason anyone would schedule a no win tour to Bangladesh at the end of a schedule like that AND give the players zero time to acclimatise is because the geniuses thought it would be a walk in the park.
Don't you think the players might have had a say in the itinery as well? I mean, I don't think they would have just said "no practice games for you boys". I think the players would have given their consent for the itinery as well.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Well...I'll be a bit negative here. Seems like things are going downhill for Bangladesh... they'll be lucky to reach 350. I'm quite sure Australia will win fairly easily. I hope they don't, but... I think they will. Sad.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Don't you think the players might have had a say in the itinery as well? I mean, I don't think they would have just said "no practice games for you boys". I think the players would have given their consent for the itinery as well.
The players association as a whole might have, but I doubt the players themselves get much of a say, and furthemore the tours are obviously arranged well in advance and I doubt they are given particularly close scrutiny.

It's not about the practice games as much as the time issue, I think. Obviously a tour match would be nice before any test series, but the fact that Australia finished a tough series against South Africa and then had to play another test against a different team in a different part of the world less than a week later is pretty shocking planning. Is there any real reason they couldn't have another week off? They got two weeks off before going to South Africa, after all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KaZoH0lic said:
Let me look, to be honest I saw this on T.V. interview when he was here for the VB series.

I didn't say you thought that. I'm saying, given the dislike of his comments, some people fail to recognise this ongoing rivalry and don't see it's two sided.

Well then someone, like myself, who has seen both sides go at it (to the extent of my own privilege) I don't throw in too many stones when I know one side is just reacting to what the other side has said. Knowing that, I'm not going to argue anyone's virtue, I myself know I'm imperfect when it comes to argument. I just dislike the assumption that Aussies are wolves and everybody else sheep.
YOu will see that I have NEVER generalized Aussies, and most definitely not based on Shane Warne. I talk about Shane Warne, I ONLY talk about Shane WArne. Just because he is an idiot, doesn't mean I think the other Aussies are idiots. Far from it... Every country has its fair share of idiots. It is just that one of yours is a genius in cricket. ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KaZoH0lic said:
Why isn't that close? From his reaction it sounds kind of girlish:

Uh, no it isn't mate.

Cheap or not, a test wicket is a test wicket in statistical value only. When all those wickets go under the broad banner of "Bangladesh" you can see why Warne has an objection.

As opposed to what you just said...?

----

Now, back to my real tone :). You see? You can take both sayings by both bowlers how you like. Just because one seems more docile doesn't mean he's less responsible.
Nah. A test wicket IS a test wicket, proved by the fact that Warne hasn't been able to buy one so far against the same Bangladesh. Like I have said earlier, I would rather take wickets of Bashar and Omar than wickets of Hoggard and Giles, and Warne has a higher % of tailender wickets than Murali. It all evens out.

Secondly, Gavaskar and a couple of others, to this day, say the same thing that Murali said. A test wicket is still a test wicket. Chawla got flintoff when he was slogging with 5 men in the deep. I would consider the wicket of a Mortaze bowled by a doosra to be a better quality wicket. There are occasions when even the wickets of a Bangladesh tailender is well earned. I can't believe that you can't see something as simple as that, esp. since you seem so knowledgable of the game from your other posts.

And thirdly, Warne was the guy who started it. OF course Murali is gonna defend his record. Any MAN would have done the same thing. How is it girlish? Like I said, it is fair play around here for people to accuse Murali of anything and everything. If anything, Warney's whining was, is and always will be the most girlish whining I have ever seen from a cricketer. It is especially funny because the test record for most no. of wickets has not played too much of a part in anyone's rating of a bowler. Otherwise, Dev > Hadlee... I am still amazed Warney seems oblivious to the fact that the fans do have a decent understanding of the game and WILL NOT use the wickets as the sole criteria in judging greatness and given how many wickets he has got, it was never going to be a factor IF anyone overtook him.

And most importantly, I still say this: Murali did NOT start this. He was drawn into this. So I see no reason to lose my respect for the man. He has his faults but not as many as Warne, IMHO.