• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Bangladesh 2021 (not red-ball)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Ellis do well, big fan of him. Would have liked to see Sangha get a go, picking a 19 yo old off one bbl and dragging them around the world for 3 straight series without any game time isn't a great idea.v

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Mostly a **** series for us, but some positives to take away nonetheless.

Dan Christian showed he has it at this level now, 22(13) vs the Windies was a decent showing, but really went off this series. 39(15) and 2/13(4) over his 2 games. Ellis is a big plus, on assistant pitches tbf, but still bowled exceptionally in the death. 5 wickets in 2 games in the backend with a good econ is phenominal, should be one of our first choice bowlers for the t20WC.

1.Warner/Inglis
2.Finch/Inglis
3.Marsh/Smith/Marnus
4.Maxwell
5.Inglis+
6.Stoinis/Dc
7.Agar/Cummins
8.Ellis
9.Starc
10 Zampa/Swepson
11.Haze

Batting tails off a bit after 5, but stoinis was great in the UAE last IPL so think him+the top 5 will give us enough runs to be competitive. If Agar is a nosebleed at 7 drop him and bring in Cummins and bring marnus in somewhere/reply on Maxy for second spinner role.

Really happy with the state bowling is at, Ellis+Starc at the death is a great combo, starc and haze upfront. Can even afford to give haze 3 upfront.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
And as you said, it's done little to advance our preparation for the World Cup. We needed flat decks to gain experience in compiling and chasing 170-190 scores.

I hope that will inform the way the pitches for the New Zealand series are doctored. We've had our fun, and it's served it's most pressing purpose; which is to allow me to post a series of increasingly condescending statuses gloating about our wins for my largely Australian audience.

Now it's time to doctor the pitches for the (arguably) more useful business of getting ready for the World Cup.
I’ve noticed over the years that it becomes very difficult for the curator to make it a flat batting pitch. Maybe because of the clay thats used for the base or something. It’s pretty much always on the slow side. Even in tournaments like bpl you would notice low scoring matches and pitches were slow. I think the basic nature of the pitch here is such. Having said these, I have watched many games here where pitches were flat so I think its possible to doctor it to flat batting ones. In NZ series, flat batting pitches are must because of the preparations for WC. If the pitches are anything like the Aus series, then NZ will also likely to get similar drubbing looking at their squad and we will achieve very little.

Aritro

International Regular
I’ve noticed over the years that it becomes very difficult for the curator to make it a flat batting pitch. Maybe because of the clay thats used for the base or something. It’s pretty much always on the slow side. Even in tournaments like bpl you would notice low scoring matches and pitches were slow. I think the basic nature of the pitch here is such. Having said these, I have watched many games here where pitches were flat so I think its possible to doctor it to flat batting ones. In NZ series, flat batting pitches are must because of the preparations for WC. If the pitches are anything like the Aus series, then NZ will also likely to get similar drubbing looking at their squad and we will achieve very little.
Remember how it was bizzarely green and fast against Sri Lanka the other month? Might have been the climate at the time among other factors I don't know or understand but it makes me wonder how easy or hard it is for the curator to manipulate it.

I like to imagine they can just water it a lot and stop shaving the grass and it'll be transformed ?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Remember how it was bizzarely green and fast against Sri Lanka the other month? Might have been the climate at the time among other factors I don't know or understand but it makes me wonder how easy or hard it is for the curator to manipulate it.

I like to imagine they can just water it a lot and stop shaving the grass and it'll be transformed ?
roughly 20 days remaining. they should be able to do it maybe. I think there is no point in playing the series if the pitches are same

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mostly a **** series for us, but some positives to take away nonetheless.

Dan Christian showed he has it at this level now, 22(13) vs the Windies was a decent showing, but really went off this series. 39(15) and 2/13(4) over his 2 games. Ellis is a big plus, on assistant pitches tbf, but still bowled exceptionally in the death. 5 wickets in 2 games in the backend with a good econ is phenominal, should be one of our first choice bowlers for the t20WC.

1.Warner/Inglis
2.Finch/Inglis
3.Marsh/Smith/Marnus
4.Maxwell
5.Inglis+
6.Stoinis/Dc
7.Agar/Cummins
8.Ellis
9.Starc
10 Zampa/Swepson
11.Haze

Batting tails off a bit after 5, but stoinis was great in the UAE last IPL so think him+the top 5 will give us enough runs to be competitive. If Agar is a nosebleed at 7 drop him and bring in Cummins and bring marnus in somewhere/reply on Maxy for second spinner role.

Really happy with the state bowling is at, Ellis+Starc at the death is a great combo, starc and haze upfront. Can even afford to give haze 3 upfront.
Would it be worth trying Green at seven? It just seems a real drop off in batting. Ideally you’d use a bowling all rounder who isn’t Agar, but I don’t know if there are too many around

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would it be worth trying Green at seven? It just seems a real drop off in batting. Ideally you’d use a bowling all rounder who isn’t Agar, but I don’t know if there are too many around
He has all the tools to do well, don't think he has the experience to use it though, his bowling isn't anywhere near its best and he'll be going into the t20 wc with no game time, and all his limited LOI runs have come up the order at 3/4, isn't great at going from ball 1. Would rather have DC there. Only issue is that dc at 7 makes it really hard to have 2 spinners, 2 death bowlers and haze/cummdog for new ball, would rather rely on our top 6 to get us 160+ and the bowling to defend then try going for 200 and give 4 overs to an all-rounder.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Sounds pretty on-brand for Langer.

That these stories are getting leaked out suggest there's a push from within to replace him pre-Ashes.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Please **** off langer and somehow convince punter to do something with us long term. Could even grab gillespie if we tried hard enough I reckon.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Langer really has to go doesn't he. Imagine getting pissy about a song being posted to a Website.

Spikey

Please **** off langer and somehow convince punter to do something with us long term. Could even grab gillespie if we tried hard enough I reckon.
Ponting is half responsible for Langer anyway. Automatic marks against him.

Burgey

What a ****ing dickhead Langer is. Imagine getting het up over that ffs.

Anyway, hearing on the radio this morning that Warner, Maxwell, Smith and Cummins will apparently be going to the IPL "as preparation for the T20 World Cup". Get in the ****ing bin you ****s.

SillyCowCorner1

What a ****ing dickhead Langer is. Imagine getting het up over that ffs.

Anyway, hearing on the radio this morning that Warner, Maxwell, Smith and Cummins will apparently be going to the IPL "as preparation for the T20 World Cup". Get in the ****ing bin you ****s.
Wow, IPL is greater than representing your country.

Where’s the Mf-ing pride?