• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia 'A' in Pakistan

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Emcee said:
Your probs right but it should have happend before the ashes. He looks that out of sorts he will likely struggle against the Windies any way. He dosn't deserve to be in the team if
Martyrn dosn't.
Hayden should not have been dropped before the Ashes, but there should have been another opener in the squad and Hayden should have been dropped during the series.

andyc

Another stellar performance from Jaques, and a good bowling effort from the team as a whole. Really good to see. That said, 4 wides from Bracken, 3 from Johnson and four no balls from Hopes (off only 4 overs) is hardly encouraging.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bah, less whinging Andrew. =P

Bracken and Jaques, my chosens, continue to dominate. Encouraging stuff.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Why didn't the mighty Marcus North bowl? He spends the summer under the tutelage of Gary keedy and Mike Watkinson, came out and took 2 wickets in 3 balls, so it's obviously done him good, and then you forget him! :-O

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
good to see Bracken, Jaques & especially Johnson doing well & isn't Tait suppose to be over their as well?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
good to see Bracken, Jaques & especially Johnson doing well & isn't Tait suppose to be over their as well?
Tait was replaced by Johnson because he was selected in the 5th test.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Tait was replaced by Johnson because he was selected in the 5th test.
well i thought that was temporary & then Tait would have joined up with the A-team afterwards.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Last edited:

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Stunning innings by White. 106 not out out of 204 is exceptional. It might be the coming of age innings for him.

Mister Wright

mavric41 said:
Stunning innings by White. 106 not out out of 204 is exceptional. It might be the coming of age innings for him.
I think he started to come of age towards the end of the last domestic season, especially with the bat. I'm still not sold on his bowling.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I think he started to come of age towards the end of the last domestic season, especially with the bat. I'm still not sold on his bowling.
yep his bowling doesn't seem that effective, i dear hope he does more bowling for Victoria this season & take wickets....

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If White can just learn to be reasonably accurate, the fact that he's quite flat and quick and has a good wrong'un means that he could be quite economical and therefore with his batting a very good ODI player. Pretty much ideal for a number 7 in ODIs. Right now he's fairly expensive as well as not taking many wickets though, so he's got a lot of work to do.