• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia 'A' in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
White should get into the ODI team pretty soon but can't see him replacing the ever fit Hogg who is like a 24 trapped in a 34 year old's body :D

mofo123

U19 12th Man
gul and sami have looked REALLY good in this series, gul most deffinitley should be in th etest and ODI for england and sami too but then akhtar, mushi, saqlain and kaneria and shabbir...too mny bowlers not enough places....hmmm

Stuart

Cricket Spectator
FaaipDeOiad said:
If White can just learn to be reasonably accurate, the fact that he's quite flat and quick and has a good wrong'un means that he could be quite economical and therefore with his batting a very good ODI player. Pretty much ideal for a number 7 in ODIs. Right now he's fairly expensive as well as not taking many wickets though, so he's got a lot of work to do.
One of the things he does well when he is bowling well and getting wickets is drift the ball. I dont think he will ever be a big spinner of the ball, but i dont think that means he cant be effective. As you've said if he can tighten up on his accuracy he should be a handy bowler.

IMO his batting will always be his major asset though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
oh yes Australia A are well in charge 273/7 & at this stage have the Pakistani's 90/6. :D

Jaques has convinced me that he should be next in line if big Mat fails, White has impressed seriously with the bat while his bowling has been so superb, Watson all-round performances have been promising & Bracken has looked good wih the ball.

Last edited:

greg

International Debutant
aussie said:
oh yes Australia A are well in charge 273/7 & at this stage have the Pakistani's 90/6. :D

Jaques has convinced me that he should be next in line if big Mat fails, White has impressed seriously with the bat while his bowling has been so superb, Watson all-round performances have been promising & Bracken has looked good wih the ball.
How can he have "convinced you" when you are in England where there is, to the best of my knowledge, no TV coverage?

Far be it for me to mischievous but the only evidence i've seen is Jacques being unable to cope with either Andy Symonds medium pace, or his 'off-spin' on a flat track at Old Trafford :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hey i've seen Lara had problems againts Ponting's medium pace but we dont doubt his ability has a batsman now dont we :p

greg

International Debutant
aussie said:
hey i've seen Lara had problems againts Ponting's medium pace but we dont doubt his ability has a batsman now dont we :p
Well if that was the only time I'd ever seen him bat...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
http://www.the-cricket-site.com/Scorecards/a/16/a16864.html

Century to Jaques, another quickfire 50 at the death to White and 44 to Watson, then Pak A totally fell apart with the bat, reduced to 4/16 by Bracken and Clark, and then they lost wickets regularly for the rest of the innings with only Bazid Khan making a good score.

Aus A take the OD games 2-1, after losing the 4D series 1-0 with a loss and a rain-effected draw. Not a bad series, despite the result not being perfect. Pakistan had a very strong squad including as much as half the team with extensive international experience at times, and Jaques and Watson had a good time of it, with Bracken, White, Hopes and Johnson all standing up at times and putting in good performances. Disappointment for the most part for Hussey (aside from the one century), Lewis and Cullen.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
He wasn't the only one throughout the tournament. Cullen, Watson, White & Johnson all got hit about a bit at various times.
true but refering to Hopes i reckon he can become a pretty economical ODI bowler, i remember him vs NZ earlier this year & he was very tidy with his line & lenght so i have faith in him.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
true but refering to Hopes i reckon he can become a pretty economical ODI bowler, i remember him vs NZ earlier this year & he was very tidy with his line & lenght so i have faith in him.
Exactly. One time getting hit around is not something to laugh about nor criticize. Every bowler in ODI cricket has been hit around every now & then. Even the best.