• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

slugger

State Vice-Captain
it seems alittle silly to me that an individual can have a choice in some cases between 3-2 teams, i would expect that in a few years time that option will not be available, players will only be contracted to one team, this might be high factor when the southern 20/20 comp begins along with the england 20/20. down the traack.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
it seems alittle silly to me that an individual can have a choice in some cases between 3-2 teams, i would expect that in a few years time that option will not be available, players will only be contracted to one team, this might be high factor when the southern 20/20 comp begins along with the england 20/20. down the traack.
I think the reality is that players are contracted to just one team now - in the sense that if that team qualifies for the competition and they want the player to play for them, he has to do so. Dwayne Smith will play for Sussex but only because Deccan Chargers (if that's his IPL team) didn't select him. It's not a question of him having a choice.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Voted no, don't think this topic shouldn't even be a sticky. IMO Its a tournament involving domestic teams, and should be treated as such

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
no interest in this tournament cuz my city team wasn't invited in it, if it's indian tournament then it's ok but if ICC is involved in it then ****************

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Voted no, don't think this topic shouldn't even be a sticky. IMO Its a tournament involving domestic teams, and should be treated as such
Seems odd to me that the English County Championship (and other domestic competitions abroad, if the possible post count is high enough) doesn't have it's own sticky, to be honest. It is pretty much always on the first page in British summertime.

In my opinion, it is probably worth keeping the Cahmpions League thread as a sticky, although the number of threads and posts that would be created about it probably aren't really enough to justify having a subforum. Should be a good tournament-shall be supporting Somerset, because of Trescothick and relative localness, but also looking forward to seeing New South Wales, especially with the opening partnership of Warner and Hughes.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've deleted all the posts around Jakester's ban so as to bring the thread back on-topic. No more posts about it please.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Poll deleted and first post edited. This is now the official thread for the tournament, although we may decide to create a sub forum if activity demands it.

These were the poll results:

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can anybody let me know how these players in my team are going to fare:

Gibbs, Dilshan, Hughes, Hildreth, Hodge, Van Wyk, Wright, White, Zondeki, Kirtley, Nannes.

Looks a decent team to me, but are the players going to play?

Is this series televised in the UK?

James

Cricket Web Owner
My team's in. I had a hard time putting it together, though I still have five IPL players.
Good luck :)

Is this series televised in the UK?
Here you go:

Media coverage

Television

* Star Cricket (live) – India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia
* Star Sports (live) – India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia
* ONE HD (live) – Australia
* British Eurosport (live) – United Kingdom
* Directv (live) – USA
* CBN, ATN Cricket Plus - Canada
* Willow Tv - Internet North America

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone's already picked Phil Hughes. I thought of picking him, but budget constraints dictated otherwise.

I wonder who are the most popular (and best) Class D and E players on show. Beisdes, which players would you pick with unflattering T20 statistics?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm a Trini so I thought I'd get the ball rolling by running the rule over the Trinidad & Tobago squad.

The Squad (Players with international experience in bold):

Darren Ganga (C), Dwayne Bravo (VC), Samuel Badree, Adrian Barath, Darren Bravo, Reyad Emrit, Sherwin Ganga, Dave Mohammed, Sunil Narine, William Perkins, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Lendl Simmons, Navin Stewart

Fixtures

Monday October 12th - Somerset, Bangalore
Wednesday October 14th - Deccan Chargers, Hyderabad

Strengths

- A strong batting lineup packed with talent and hitters down the order. If things go wrong there is Darren Ganga and Adrian Barath to bat properly so we have all bases covered.

- Spin bowling. Dave Mohammed has a sensational 20-20 record and Samuel Badree is very difficult to get away. Sunil Narine is also a promising off spinner.

- They are the only team in the competition who are playing as a country. This is not just a job or an opportunity for them, they are representing their nation which will mean a huge amount to them. Therefore the team spirit as always will be excellent.

Weaknesses

- Pace bowling. Ravi Rampaul is an international standard seam bowler who is good at the death but there is nobody else of a high standard to support him.

Players to watch

- The Bravo brothers. Dwayne is the best 20-20 all rounder in the World with IPL experience and Darren is an incredibly talented young left handed batsman who has been scoring runs for fun in the trials and warm up matches.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I would just like to say, that was the biggest set up, asking me to post my opinions about it, then when I do, banning me. Totally unfair.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would just like to say, that was the biggest set up, asking me to post my opinions about it, then when I do, banning me. Totally unfair.
Firstly, James was asking about the best format in terms of setting up threads for the tournament, not the best cricketing format. Secondly, even if he had, no one asked you to go on a swearing tirade. You could've just said 'I don't like the T20' and let it be.