• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

Jack1

International Debutant
The result can only be 2-2 or paused. You can’t say the IPL takes priority over a test series and therefore it ends 2-1.

I think pausing for a domestic t20 league is unacceptable though. Really if they want to do that it should be a forfeit. They have to miss the start of the ipl or reschedule the ipl really. Pausing a test series for ages is overly dumb

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Physio tested positive yesterday. Physio interacted with players, most specifically Rohit and Pujara in the last 2-3 days. Covid has an incubation period.
Are the players flying home separately though? Because I don’t understand what difference it makes now

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Are the players flying home separately though? Because I don’t understand what difference it makes now
They have some quarantine period in the UAE. And I think the bigger risk was what would happen if someone tested positive as the game was going on, which is very fair, if you ask me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They have some quarantine period in the UAE. And I think the bigger risk was what would happen if someone tested positive as the game was going on, which is very fair, if you ask me.
Yeah but what I’m saying is, if my missus gets covid, chances are the ship has sailed so no point me avoiding her now (though I would just as an excuse). The players are going to be in close contact anyway. So if anything it’s the England lads who would have been more likely impacted, no?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but what I’m saying is, if my missus gets covid, chances are the ship has sailed so no point me avoiding her now (though I would just as an excuse). The players are going to be in close contact anyway. So if anything it’s the England lads who would have been more likely impacted, no?
yeah if Rohit and Pujara catch it from the physio, you wouldn't mind being the english players not sharing a field with them for 5 days. especially like say Butler when a spinner is bowling

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is which is why I think the game concern was bigger. The way I see it is -

The physio interacted with all the players, so no one knows who could have got it. At this point, the concern is about the family. So ideally, the players isolate for the incubation period, get tested daily and rejoin as a bubble post the 5 day period. But, as we know, this was not an option. Therefore, of the given options, they have taken the option of not playing the test as it would be even worse if a group tested positive in the middle of the test.

To be fair, double vaxxed athletes catching it in the open field with a rather distanced sport like cricket does need a lot of stuff to happen with convenient timing. So I think the bigger concern were the two things I just quoted.