• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

nick-o

State 12th Man
One thing that really really gets me mad

"In lieu of the strong relationship between BCCI and ECB"

No, no, no! That's the opposite of what you mean!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One thing that really really gets me mad

"In lieu of the strong relationship between BCCI and ECB"

No, no, no! That's the opposite of what you mean!!!
Lol.. seen that used this way often by my colleagues as well,, who are actually well above me in the corporate ladder. Amazing how a wrong usage sticks on in Indian corporate-speak.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's interesting (well almost) that no one was worried during the 4th Test when Ravi Shastri had it, but now there's a major panic. Indicates that none of the players ever went near him. :punk:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes. Not based in reality but wishful thinking.

It's not a forfeit unless it's officially a forfeit.

Anderson saved the embarrassment of losing at his home ground.

Will now go to Aus, average 40 and then retire at the end of it.
ATVG post. Fitting given it's about Anderson.

Window

U19 Debutant
Tbh I’m also puzzled there wasn’t concern regarding this in the 4th test, despite the negative PCR tests. Delaying the match was a sensible decision but because of the IPL, that delay is a lot longer than it should have been.

Also, this is exactly why there were strict lockdown and bubble rules in place on India’s tour to Australia. I was surprised to learn there wasn’t a bubble in place for both teams in England. Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t contract the virus.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve just heard from an unconfirmed source that India were worried about the grey skies and Jimmy Anderson. Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’ve been told by a very reliable source