• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do you feel having to cheer on England for this test?
Have wanted them to win all series tbh. They're awful and to be hated, but I'd rather the cricketing equivalent of Stalin's Russia win the series than the Kardashians.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If you're going to get your bat that far outside the line, at least take your front pad with you ffs. School boy error.
used to play against older players as a kid and there was this asshole fast bowler who aimed for the kids' heads who couldn't bat

we were already dreading facing him and when the kid before me walked out, he absolutely lobbed the slowest slow ball that i have ever seen full and straight

i am exaggerating but i think the kid batsman had enough time to swear before getting bowled after the ball was released and he had already finished his shot before the ball arrived

eng batters reminding me of that atm

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gavaskar is an unpleasant little gnome to listen to these days. I get the occasional fighting comment (well, no, I don't really), but the palpable sense of glee/schadenfreude in his voice as he rubs it in is awkward to sit through.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
used to play against older players as a kid and there was this asshole fast bowler who aimed for the kids' heads who couldn't bat

we were already dreading facing him and when the kid before me walked out, he absolutely lobbed the slowest slow ball that i have ever seen full and straight

i am exaggerating but i think the kid batsman had enough time to swear before getting bowled after the ball was released and he had already finished his shot before the ball arrived

eng batters reminding me of that atm
Ok

Spark

Global Moderator
Gavaskar is an unpleasant little gnome to listen to these days. I get the occasional fighting comment (well, no, I don't really), but the palpable sense of glee/schadenfreude in his voice as he rubs it in is awkward to sit through.
He was Warne-tier bad in the last game, but in a hilarious way because of how obvious it was that he was trying to wind up English audiences. Not sure Channel 4 would have been best pleased.

cnerd123

likes this
Australia won't play in the WTC final regardless of the result here if the CSA gets their way

Pitch looks decent to bat on so far, England should pile the runs on here.

Spark

Global Moderator
To play devils advocate you won't go out of your way to watch Australia v NZ test WTC final?
I'll watch it anyway because it's a Test match. But I don't care at all about Australia being in it and on balance would prefer India win this game because I think it would be funnier.

I mean, have a look at that "batting" ffs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia won't play in the WTC final regardless of the result here if the CSA gets their way

Pitch looks decent to bat on so far, England should pile the runs on here.
Yeah there's no chance of CSA getting points off that IMO, would make an already farcical tournament even more farcical (which is why I fundamentally don't care about Aus making the final). I think that's CSA just playing negotiation hardball to buttress their actual - and very strong - claim to full compensation.