• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Kirkut

International Regular
Thoroughly loved the last session, another 8 overs of same would have been priceless!

But hey the bullies will remain bullies! Moan all week about pitches when getting out to straight balls but as soon as someone raises a finger against them about their flaws, they try to shoot you down and sadly the indian fans here are too weak to speak up. And simply try to be nice all the time to pander to their 'imperial lords'! No one here had the guts to speak up against the one-sided pitch chatter (unlike the members of the team they support who all spoke up - Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin, Axar and Rohit) and so ofcourse this is minor in comparison.

So Indian fans of CW, you lot are the biggest disappointment! So very submissive like the indians of yesteryears.
I have openly supported rank turners without any guilt.

In fact I would encourage all countries to prepare pitches that best suit their bowlers. No hospitality for batsmen at all from hosts.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
One thing that shouldn't escape anyone's mind is that India's batting is far from good now. It is in fact pretty dire. We have banked on our middle and lower order to get us back in the game far too often over the last 2 series which we have been winning.

This is not happening every time. Some consistency please batsmen !.

anil1405

International Captain
One thing that shouldn't escape anyone's mind is that India's batting is far from good now. It is in fact pretty dire. We have banked on our middle and lower order to get us back in the game far too often over the last 2 series which we have been winning.

+1. Cannot rely on Pant and lower-middle order to bail is out all the time. The stat that was posted earlier in the day here which showed our no.3,4 and 5 averaging in early 20's since start of 2020 is abysmal. Playing in England is a different ball game and hope they are well prepared for it.

Kirkut

International Regular

I'd say our bowlers bailed us out the most.

If we had Munaf Patel, VRV Singh and Balaji as our attack, good luck drawing a test match with this batting.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds plausible - I really don't back this team to score a big score anymore - but let's see.
Happy to be wrong here (not that we're on a huge score but more than I expected) - Rishabh and Rohit really are superstars.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say our bowlers bailed us out the most.

If we had Munaf Patel, VRV Singh and Balaji as our attack, good luck drawing a test match with this batting.
It is a shame VRV wasn't just an extra yard quicker (145kph rather than 135kph-140kph) - seemed to have something about him in the way he hit the pitch hard and had quite a simple action.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just watched the highlights of Pant's knock. He played 2 most bizarre shots off Anderson and Stokes, both looked like slog sweeps but one went to extra cover for four and the other towards deep midwicket for four.
Top spin forehands... one to the forehand of the opponent and one to the backhand.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain

forget vijay and rahul, even the previous series' Parthiv patel wouldn't be a bad option in this lineup. The issue is a number of these batsmen are ageing and could result in us having an ugly tour away like the 2011 ones. For the nonce i don't really know what we can do as even Gill has technical issues to sort out, leave alone Mayank and Shaw who will undoubtedly still be around in a few years time.