• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Whenever England next plays in the subcontinent I'd like to see this XI
Jennings, Crawley, Lawrence, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone, Bess, Leach, Virdi, Stone

Other squad members : Malan, Foakes, Pope, Archer, Mahmood, Hain, Parkinson

Shri

Mr. Glass
if pope and foakes don't look completely shot by the time the next series comes around, it'll be a bad idea to drop them when they have experience batting here

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Dhawal and Jaydev are pretty dire.

Thakur belongs to another category now. There is only one Lord. Arise Lord Shardul !
Unadkat has been the most improved FC bowler in domestic cricket. He bowls really well and is unlucky that India has so many good pace bowling resources at the moment. I wonder why he was picked to play the only test he played against SA, he was terrible then.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Unadkat has been the most improved FC bowler in our domestic cricket. He bowls really well and is unlucky that India has so many good pace bowling resources at the moment. I wonder why he was picked to play the only test he played against SA, he was terrible then.
Seems like you are spot on. I haven't followed his first class career one bit. On eye test, he came across as some one probably not cut out for international cricket. It was a long while back, but that Centurion test memory still lingers on. Every one else in that line up got tapped as well to be fair.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
My prediction for second day of this test is India will score 185 odd, concede a lead of 20. England will score a further 170 in the sessions or day to come making it a thriller which India will win by 2 wickets or lose by 15 runs. The test match will last 4 days or less ofcourse.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
My prediction for second day of this test is India will score 185 odd, concede a lead of 20. England will score a further 170 in the sessions or day to come making it a thriller which India will win by 2 wickets or lose by 15 runs. The test match will last 4 days or less ofcourse.
Well they haven't played at home for a very long time, ideally they should be scoring heaps of runs on this surface, but I am not too sure if that'll happen. The big advantage is England having just 3 bowlers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unadkat has been the most improved FC bowler in domestic cricket. He bowls really well and is unlucky that India has so many good pace bowling resources at the moment. I wonder why he was picked to play the only test he played against SA, he was terrible then.
IIRC, he was picked because he absolutely destroyed West Indies A (https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ndia-a-vs-west-indies-a-435869/full-scorecard) in a FC game and I think India thought they had unearthed the next big thing.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds plausible - I really don't back this team to score a big score anymore - but let's see.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It is rather good isn't it? They still need to tick off Eng, SA, and NZ abroad to fulfill all that promise though. The greater concern is whether we have the next crop of young batsmen putting down roots. Pant, Gill, Shaw, Sundar, Padikkal,..these sound like the names that will play much of the next decade. Could be worse, but are they good enough? An authoritative old-fashioned performance from one of them (just one innings, they don't even have to be super-consistent at this stage) would go a long way in reassuring fans about the future.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It is rather good isn't it? They still need to tick off Eng, SA, and NZ abroad to fulfill all that promise though. The greater concern is whether we have the next crop of young batsmen putting down roots. Pant, Gill, Shaw, Sundar, Padikkal,..these sound like the names that will play much of the next decade. Could be worse, but are they good enough? An authoritative old-fashioned performance from one of them (just one innings, they don't even have to be super-consistent at this stage) would go a long way in reassuring fans about the future.
You're Indian? Bro, I thought you were English :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
When do India tour South Africa again?

Without ABDV who was a monster last time, India are favs surely?