• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England to play Broad, Anderson and Woakes (and Leach and Stokes) under the lights?
And then Stone and Archer for the 4th test?

Maybe, although seems unlikely. Doesn't sound like they know quite what team they are picking just yet.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Root the captain really is **** on too much. Bloke is tied for most test wins as captain ever for England in an era that England have been notorious for batting collapses and being 30/3. Aside from overusing archer when he first came in and occasionally being to defensive with his fields he's been a perfect captain, and will retire as one of England's best cricketers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would suggest they should play Broad but England value runs at #8 and 9 sometimes even more than wickets and of course, we may get Stokes, Foakes and Woakes finally. :)

cnerd123

likes this
Anderson/Broad/Archer/Leach + Stokes is probably the strongest attack England can put out, but if they want to continue with the rotation policy and rest Broad then Woakes has to play.

I reckon India drop Kuldeep and Siraj for Umesh and Bumrah. Batting remains unchanged, and I think they'll persist with Axar because they're expecting the pitch to take some turn at some point during the game.

England's batting lineup will be interesting to see.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm guessing the result of this test match will tell us who's going to face Black Caps in the finals?
If India lose any of the remaining two then Australia go through, if England win both think they qualify, otherwise India go through.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
If India lose any of the remaining two then Australia go through, if England win both think they qualify, otherwise India go through.
Pretty much India has to win this one then to go through to the finals.

If it wasn't a day night game I guess India in the current form would likely win but I think with pink ball its anyone's game.