• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
bad shot selection - the ball wasn't really full, and Bell's jump forward wasn't big enough...he had to reach out

91Jmay

International Coach
Will be surprised if they get out again tonight, rain sort of helping us out again there. Superb day so far, Root hundred tomorrow and the middle order can blast away as well. Get a lead of 200 +.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Not to worry, going by the current of english pattern of win lose win lose, we'll win the 4th test.

... then england will win the 5th one.

BeeGee

International Captain
Australia already need a miracle performance after one day of the test. I've only seen the highlights, but there were some ordinary dismissals for day one, on a lively track.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Anderson's revival since the last Ashes has been so pleasing. I think a lot of people understandably thought that we'd never see the best of him again afterwards. Taken his wickets at 23 since then. Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Anderson doesn't have too much left in the tank really. I am glad he has had the career he has had though. Few years back, after he was dropped, many didn't back him to fulfill his potential. Will be a big void when he calls it a day.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson doesn't have too much left in the tank really. I am glad he has had the career he has had though. Few years back, after he was dropped, many didn't back him to fulfill his potential. Will be a big void when he calls it a day.
There is basically no reason to think this. He hardly ever gets injured and does not rely on pace, could easily go for a few more years.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
There's never actually been any factual evidence to support the case that Anderson's pace has declined. Maybe if I get bored I'll have a look at the Cricinfo hawkeye for all the tests he's played in the last few years and see I can notice any trends.

Woodster

International Captain
I think Anderson is still effective when bowling around 80 mph on pitches such as this. I agree I think as long as the hunger is there he's got a few years left in him yet.

Obviously on flat decks he'll struggle but he could be given a different role in such conditions other than the spearhead and just manage his workload better. Even missing the odd Test.

Niall

International Coach
The only concern with Anderson is that he is used properly, I wouldn't want him playing any white ball cricket until next summer at the earliest. The Ashes, the UAE tour and South Africa should be his priorities. Next Summer, Sri Lanka and Pakistan turn up to England which should be easier series, that would be the earliest I'd consider him for white ball cricket.

The same for Broad as well I reckon.