• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

chalky

International Debutant
Bowling 2 foot outside leg stump with 5 men on the fence. Does look like he has sorta given up trying to get the batsmen out and is waiting for a mistake. Reminds me of Ian Salisbury in Pakistan a few years ago.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chalky said:
Bowling 2 foot outside leg stump with 5 men on the fence. Does look like he has sorta given up trying to get the batsmen out and is waiting for a mistake. Reminds me of Ian Salisbury in Pakistan a few years ago.
Well Giles did it to Tendulkar a few years ago, and a certain Australian commentator on the game slammed England, saying we were negative IIRC.

Anywhoo, I'm not too worried about the run-rate, summats up with Mcgrath, and I think Colly and KP are waiting to feast on a tiring first-line attack and Clarke and Pontings bowling.

Son Of Coco

superkingdave said:
hmm, looked out on first replay to me. but then maybe not, would like to see that hotspot majiggy
Yeah, very good decision by Bucknor...I would have given him with just the intial sound and speed to go on, but hotspot and snicko showed nothing, so I would have been very wrong.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
After Ash Giles's "attack" when bowling to Sachin on our last but one tour to India the umps can no-ball bowlers for a persistent negative line. Is Warney running them close?

Son Of Coco

grecian said:
Well Giles did it to Tendulkar a few years ago, and a certain Australian commentator on the game slammed England, saying we were negative IIRC.

Anywhoo, I'm not too worried about the run-rate, summats up with Mcgrath, and I think Colly and KP are waiting to feast on a tiring first-line attack and Clarke and Pontings bowling.
Yeah, McGrath doesn't seem to be right...England still have to bowl well though, I think winning this game rests on them coming out firing after this innings is closed and taking some early wickets. If they bowl like they did in Brisbane it'll be a draw at best for them, but if they've improved it could be interesting. Australia's fourth innings will be difficult given the wicket's supposed to take some spin byt then...although England have picked Giles again so...I'd angle for the draw at this stage, but England can prove me wrong with some good bowling first up. I'd actually like to see Harmison bowl well after Brisbane - I must be getting soft in my old age.

Laurrz

International Debutant
we got to be wary.. stupid shots can = wickets... and our batsmen could be tired like Englands.. when they fielded for so long

wouldn't it be a treat if Gilly does well on this wicket... :O he is one man that can make the RR so much that a result is always possible..

also who knows how this wicket will go in the later days... when Australia bats... could be uneven bounce ... or Warne might get more grip and run through England

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
When was the last time two England players got tons against Aus in the second innings? last time i can remember is the 1st test in 97 with Hussain and Thorpe

grecian

superkingdave said:
When was the last time two England players got tons against Aus in the second innings? last time i can remember is the 1st test in 97 with Hussain and Thorpe
Umm, the second innings relevancy?

Mister Wright

grecian said:
Umm, the second innings relevancy?
Think he meant same innings.

It has been great batting from Collingwood and Pietersen. They seem to really complement each other. Great stuff to watch.

I bet Ponting wishes he could call on MacGill right now.

chalky

International Debutant
Michal holding really getting on Warne's back for bowling around the wicket - "Rubbish, boring negative Just not cricket"

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It is terrible bowling, by now wouldn't have noticed KP isn't going to have a crack at it? He hasn't given one chance in about a session of last night + today.