• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Bracewell just looks like a really good part timer doesn't he. Gets it to turn and bounce a decent amount but also too much filth at times
He's a part-timer for his 1st class side Wellington. Bowls a bit because he is captain. I feel sorry for him. Should never have been picked.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Genuinely interested to see if England keep playing like this when confronted with a more muscular bowling attack next week.
I would like to think there is method in the madness and they won't just slog everything. Bairstow's hundred in the first innings was different to his two 4th innings thwackings, with a lot of steers to fine leg and third man. And even when he was hooking Henry for back to back sixes I don't think he'd be doing that if Henry wasn't serving it up there.

Hitting Southee off his length is also made much more effective when there's no one except a part time spinner to take up the slack.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm now watching for exciting England batting. There's a club feel to cricket today, not batting quality but just that relaxed approach to what's supposed to have been a tricky target