• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I wouldn't even have picked Bairstow for the series (what do I know?) and he's never batted better. Unbelievable stuff. Congratulations England. Some momentum to take forward.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
If it wasn't for Daz Mitchell, plus a sprinkling of Boult and a dash of Blundell then this series would have been a total right off. NZ have competed at times, but far too many underperformers

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Boy that's some drubbing. Started with a good chase to getting there in the first test to treating our side like a club attack and demolishing in the last. Feel like if 500 was set England would have got there in 75 overs for 3 down

ashley bach

International Captain
Interesting selection for man of the series.
Surely only 3 candidates: Root, Mitchell, Bairstow.
Possibly Mitchell deserves it but they wont go with him.
Think Jonny B wins it because of the way he influenced the results.
Who the hell thought that half way through the 2nd test?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The best part of the day was the rain.

Well done England. Way way too good.
I think most NZers are shell shocked. I expected we'd win this series, yet if it hadn't been for Messrs Mitchell and Blundell we would've lost tests 2 and 3 by an innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting selection for man of the series.
Surely only 3 candidates: Root, Mitchell, Bairstow.
Possibly Mitchell deserves it but they wont go with him.
Think Jonny B wins it because of the way he influenced the results.
Who the hell thought that half way through the 2nd test?
Traditionally we name a POTS for both teams in test series up here. Mitch is obviously a shoo in for NZ, but tougher call for England. YJB would probably just about get my vote, but cases could be made for others.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Surely this is up there with big turnarounds from one regime to the next. What a way to smack about the reigning Test champions. Made them look feeble.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say this eaves an interesting conundrum for England in the Ashes. Do they prepare dry flat pitches to favour 'Bazball' against an attack more potetnet in said conditions, which also render their own bowling less potent, or do they prepare the traditional greener wickets on which Australia struggle but will cause this kind of batting to fold like a deck of cards.

Last edited: