• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not far from Headingley at the moment - ongoing drizzle so not too convinced there will be much play.

As a thought - who would people pick as a combined team from the tests? I get a lot of close calls, but think a majority of the selections I would make would be Kiwis. Hardly fits the results but it does seem to have been a series where individual performances were huge in the context of the games.
Majority would surely be Poms.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
As a thought - who would people pick as a combined team from the tests? I get a lot of close calls, but think a majority of the selections I would make would be Kiwis. Hardly fits the results but it does seem to have been a series where individual performances were huge in the context of the games.
Not sure I'd agree with this. Mitchell, Blundell, Boult three of the first picked, but who else demands selection (other than Baz as coach)?

1 Ravindra
2 Stokes
3 Pope
4 Root
5 Mitchell
6 Bairstow
7 Blundell
8 Boult
9 Leach
10 Potts
11 Anderson

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
17 from Boult's first over of the morning. Never thought this could happen, seen everything this series.

Southee is looking too good so far

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not far from Headingley at the moment - ongoing drizzle so not too convinced there will be much play.

Lees
Young
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Mitchell
Blundell
Potts
Leach
Boult
Anderson

7-4 to England and Young was very poor (although Latham and Crawley were worse).

Stokes and Foakes very unlucky. Had CDG and Jamieson not been injured they may have been possibilities.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not sure I'd agree with this. Mitchell, Blundell, Boult three of the first picked, but who else demands selection (other than Baz as coach)?

1 Ravindra
2 Stokes
3 Pope
4 Root
5 Mitchell
6 Bairstow
7 Blundell
8 Boult
9 Leach
10 Potts
11 Anderson
I think if you're picking a team 'of the series' it has to include people who did roughly the job during that series, including opening and captain.

I'll stretch to Pope opening under the basis he was always in early, along with one of Lees and Latham who had one good knock each. Stokes in the middle as captain.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if you're picking a team 'of the series' it has to include people who did roughly the job during that series, including opening and captain.

I'll stretch to Pope opening under the basis he was always in early, along with one of Lees and Latham who had one good knock each. Stokes in the middle as captain.
Eminently reasonable, but more fun to use the opener positions for protest votes, as neither side has really been using them this series.

ashley bach

International Captain
Wagner looks shot (sadly), but Boult and Jamieson are still quality, while Southee and Ajaz should be okay for a couple more years. Would be nice to see how someone like Sears goes.
Bs. His standards have been so sky high almost every Test he’s played that if he’s a bit rusty from hardly playing people think he’s finished. He’s probably still the fittest guy in the team and he’ll bounce back.
Hope like buggery both you guys are right, but it's very difficult not to have serious doubts.
To say Southee should be right for a couple more years feels very preemptive to me, he's been playing for such a long time now and
to produce this extremely poor series is a really bad sign. If this wasn't his worst ever series in his 14 years in test cricket, then I'd hate
to be reminded of one that was worse. There was plenty of time to prepare for this series, both physically and mentally, conditions
in England would by far not be the worst for him, so the really poor performance holds many questions.
Sure a couple more years of the Timmy we know would be great, but a couple more years of what we have seen here would be depressing.
As for Wagnerball, can't really comment on weather he looks ''shot'', but the way he bowls you'd think that he needs to be the fittest player
in the team, and to maintain that.
Hopes and reality are 2 different things, but I sure hope we can see some more of these 2 in their better form.
Perhaps with all that has been achieved in recent times, they have both lost some desire, which is totally understandable.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Feels like Bairstow is looking to get out. This inning has been a hack with some really good shots