• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Flem274*

123/5
Well batted JB - 2 amazing 100s in a row. And 4 100s this year after being a borderline selection.
He's turned it on in a way I'm not sure anyone on here would have predicted. 12 months ago he was example A of "random mediocre English guy plays 10000 tests just to check"

91Jmay

International Coach
He's turned it on in a way I'm not sure anyone on here would have predicted. 12 months ago he was example A of "random mediocre English guy plays 10000 tests just to check"
At least he is a great ODI player, those other guys were usually just random county red ball players

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I thought a while back that England, in the absence of good FC batters, might as well get one of their attacking short-form batsmen to sit down the order in test cricket and play like it's a T20. Except I thought it should be Buttler and was completely wrong.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gary and Larsen will be very happy. He'll make every test match squad till he retires. Likely will be named captain for the next series ?
I, for one, welcome our new Bracewell overlords and look forward to Michael and Doug taking the new ball in every innings.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Not too bad I feel. Not a lot of lead. If we have to turn this around we'll probably have to bat till end of day 4. Likely have to set 400 as target and see if England still goes for it on the last day

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Less wondering more finding out
The record is only 314/7.

They only played 65 over matches for a year tbf. That highest total is from one of the first few matches. From 1964 onwards, the number of overs was reduced to 60.

Last edited: