• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ok this will probably bite me with a meme wicket, but I don't like the move to open the bowling with Leach at all. Despite being an opener Latham is a better player of spin than new ball pace, against which he's recently been woeful.

More merit against Young but I'd also still stick the fast bowlers bowling at offstump.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
All our boys will be happy to face spin. This is truly a stuff up from England camp. Our guys were a struggle vs pace but then they get to face spin with the new ball. Bazball in bowling as well

Bijed

International Regular
Ok this will probably bite me with a meme wicket, but I don't like the move to open the bowling with Leach at all. Despite being an opener Latham is a better player of spin than new ball pace, against which he's recently been woeful.

More merit against Young but I'd also still stick the fast bowlers bowling at offstump.
Yeah. it feels overly funky and a bit random, but as long as Stokes is prepared to abandon it quickly if it doesn't look likely to yield a wicket I don't hate the fact that they've tried it

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Tbh I’d back Broad to sort Latham out pretty quickly regardless of who’s at the other end.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. it feels overly funky and a bit random, but as long as Stokes is prepared to abandon it quickly if it doesn't look likely to yield a wicket I don't hate the fact that they've tried it
The new ball didn’t move for too long during England’s innings, giving two overs of it to Leach is a fairly big mistake imo.

Bijed

International Regular
The new ball didn’t move for too long during England’s innings, giving two overs of it to Leach is a fairly big mistake imo.
Fair enough, was driving at that point in proceedings so didn't realise the swing hadn't really lasted

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, looks like absolutely beautiful batting conditions. Leach might come into the game later in the afternoon, but NZ still have reason to be optimistic here. Not as optimistic as if they’d picked Ajaz, but whatever.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We went at 2.8 in our innings, whereas England went at a crazy 5.37.

If we can score at 3.5, bat for 100 overs (hopefully more) and that will give England a chase of 320 (just a bit more security than tests 1 & 2). Hopefully lightning can't strike a 3rd time with their run chases.

ashley bach

International Captain
Latham's back baby!
Now he even gets a chance to eat his lunch, don't miss the fireworks after the break.
Great move bowling Leach first up, always knew Baz and Tommy were good mates from way back.